Recalling the past

While I was laying unconscious, the man observed me very keenly, curious to know what made him turn back into a human from the ferocious ugly creature. I slowly opened my eyes to see his face very close to me a moment of stare and both of us jolted back, hitting my head on the tree. The man came forward, placed his hand on my head stroking my head to relieve the pain which made me feel weird. I asked him "Why did you bring me here?". He was silent for a moment which is when I realized he has turned back into a human. He had a deep voice while he spoke "I want to know who are you and where you came from". I replied "How did you suddenly turn back into a human and where is the Yellow bird that I saw? Am I dreaming?". With a grin he said "You are not dreaming and the Yellow bird that you saw was me. That is my true form."

"I had not been able to turn into my true form..... until I saw you." I was surprised. I might have blushed that I suddenly looked away. He told me he belonged to the Minokawa family living in vast mountains of the Pelion. Separated from his family as a child luckily found by someone and both lived together for many years finding a way to live life. While listening, suddenly flash of images of 2 children playing in green fields came in my mind which felt like I hurt my head and that made me dizzy. I blinked a few times while he was holding me in his arms. He panicked and called out " What happened? are you all right?" I told him hesitantly looking into his eyes "I'm fine. I....Uh... I'm scared of heights that might have made me dizzy". He told me "I'm... I'm sorry I carried you like that, I got excited seeing you again. I almost forgot about it." 

"I almost forgot?..... seeing you again? what do you mean?". His eyes gleamed with happiness and excitement that I almost forgot to get scared, rather I felt more happier to see him smile. It gave me a feel of comfort having him around, being by his side, laying close to his heart listening to his heartbeat that I felt addicted wanting to listen to it more.