CHAPTER LVIII - WE'LL BE ALRIGHT

October 2008, 05:20. Malibu, Los Angeles, CA.

Tony's POV

"-C'mon Star, just open your eyes, please. Open them. I need you, please don't leave.- I said as I shook Star's body gently in my arms.

-Tony...- MIchael said but he trailed off. I knew what he was going to say, but I was not going to let him finish.

-No. Don't you dare say it. If you say it, I swear I'll put you in that same tank.- I said, pointing at him with my free finger.

I refuse to believe my sister is gone. She is not gone, she can't be. I looked at her. Her eyes still closed. I was not giving up on her.

I placed her gently on the floor and turned to look at Michael, who was watching my every move.

-Do you know how to perform CPR?.- I asked the man in front of me. He looked at me, with glossy red eyes.

-What? Yeah, I- I do.- He answered and I just nodded.

-Well then do it.- I said, my voice monotone as I watched my sister.

-Tony...- He said again and I just looked at him.

-You want her to live, just like I do. I can't do CPR because of the suit gloves and I don't want to hurt her. It shut down and I can't take them off if it's not on. You do it. Do it, Sinclair. Is our only option.- I said to the man in front of me. He looked at me for a couple of seconds and nodded.

His hands instantly flew to my sister's chest, doing compressions. I saw how Star's body moved with every push Michael did. She didn't respond. He took turns between doing compressions and mouth to mouth resuscitation.

-Pep, call 911. Now.- I asked my assistant. I turned to look at her. Her eyes were red and puffy from all the crying. She nodded numbly at me and took out her phone. Everyone else in the place was just watching. I ignored them. I was not going to pay attention to them.

Star's face was still expressionless. Michael kept alternating between his movements.

-They are on their way.- Pepper said as she sniffed. I nodded, still watching my sister.

-Come on, Star, you can't do this. Not now. Not to me. You still have so much to do. To live. So much. Please, we need you. I need you. You are the strongest person I know, you need to wake up.- I said as I let a few tears escape my eyes. To this point I didn't care who saw me.

It had been two minutes and Star didn't respond. Michael was starting to stop his compressions, slowly. I noticed and furrowed my eyebrows.

-What the- what are you doing, Sinclair? She hasn't woken up yet.- I asked as I watched him, anger slowly creeping on me.

-Tony, it's been 4 minutes, maybe she is not going to--. I grabbed him by the neck.

-Listen to me, she is not dead! Okay?! We just need to, we just need to keep trying.- I hissed between gritted teeth as I looked at him.

-Tony, we've tried everything, it's pointless--. Michael said, raising his voice at me.

-I'M NOT GIVING UP ON HER!-. And just as I said the last word, a coughing and movement made me stop dead in my tracks.

I turned around faster than lighting, grabbing Star's head and turning it a little.

She started coughing out all of the water that was in her lungs, which I must add, was a lot. My heart seemed to stop. No matter how much I tried, it was like my eyes didn't believe it, but my heart did, I did.