Chapter Twenty One: This Is An Emergency, So Are You Listening?

Start from the beginning

"It's the only one I have, isn't it?" I respond, to which he smiles and shrugs.

"You catch on fast." Derek says, twisting the steering wheel and turning the car down a jagged pathway into some wooded area. He follows the paved road down the hill, the car bouncing with each rock the tires jump over. I clamp down on my bottom lip, staring intently at my hands splayed over my lap. For the first time since I've woken up moments ago, I realize that my ankles, my Vans still laced tightly on my feet, are wrapped together with the same material tight around my wrists. I close my eyes softly, gulping thickly. The van comes to a screeching stop, Derek pulling the car gear to park before twisting the key to off and yanking it out. He shoves open the driver's side door and steps out, slamming it shut so hard that it jerks the whole vehicle and makes a soft whimper get caught in my throat.

The door on my side is pulled open quickly, his hand grabbing my upper arm tightly as he pulls me out of the car. He shoves my back against the car's side, and I would have lost my balance because of my bound ankles if it wasn't for him pinning my shoulders to the cold side of the van. "What-?" The word gets strangled in my mouth, making Derek smile slightly.

"I have rules, Colby. I don't like my rules being broken, correct?" He says slowly, brushing my bangs back from my eyes. He leans closer to my face. "You are going to listen to every word I say, right?"

"N-n-no." I say through chattering teeth, and this is clearly not the type of answer Derek was expecting, which is why he pulls me to his chest just to slam me back into the car. My head snaps back and hits the metal sharply.

"Wrong answer." Derek growls.

"I don't think so." I rasp, my bound hands reaching for the only thing in their path. I grab his crotch while making a face, squeezing hard, before pulling back and slamming my hands up into his groin. Derek falters, doubling over to cup his sensitive area before I'm hurrying to the driver's side door, grabbing it with my hands and yanking it open. I reach up and grab the steering wheel, hoisting my bottom half up and onto the seat. I reach out and grab the door, slamming it shut and hitting all of the locks.

I'm about to start the car and drive off when I realize that he has the keys on his body, and I don't have the time to loot him for I won't be as lucky as I am now. I spy a cell phone in the cup holder, and almost decide to use it when Derek is slamming his arms against the window. He backs away, angrily squeezing his eyes shut as he runs a hand through his hair. I grab it and quickly turn it on between my legs, thanking God that there wasn't a password on it before quickly opening a text message. I type Patrick's number in with frantic fingers before writing a short message, hitting send before I shove it into my bra just as Derek finally opens his eyes again. He pounds his fist against the window, shouting something incoherent to me before he's dropping to his knees in search of the keys he dropped. I turn my head, searching for something, anything, before popping open the glove box. I don't find anything useful in there, grabbing a pen before jamming it into my bra as well. I'm just in time as well because Derek is jamming the key in the lock, making a whimper of fear escape from the back of my throat.

"I thought we could work something out," Derek says. "But you proved to me that that is impossible." Before he's bringing a large rock in sight.

"Hate's a strong word, Cole." He laughs lightly, not like the creepy old man laugh or the psychotic, demonic serial killer laugh, but a human laugh. I shake my head, grabbing his hand and tearing it away from my face. "Let's go."

"I'm not going anywhere with you." I growl venomously, trying to yank away from him. Derek scoffs in annoyance.

"It's cute when you act like you have a choice." Derek teases me, pulling his gun away from me. At that second, I pull my leg backwards and try to give him a boot in the groin, something to give me a head start to breakout into a run. But before I can, he's bringing his gun up and smashing the butt of it into my temple. Pain shoots through my nerves, and a massive headache erupts almost instantly. My vision blurs just enough for me to make out the smile on his face before I black out.

"No, no, no." I plead in a terrified voice. He rolls his eyes. "Please, please."

"Are you going to listen to me?" He asks. I nod my head frantically.

"Yes, yes," I lie through my teeth. Derek smiles.

"Good," before he draws his arm back and smashes the rock right into my head.

Rick track this #

-/::\-

Shorter than usual but I'm super busy sorryyyu

-Stay Classy, Young Volcanoes

•LeaveNoWordsUnspoken