Ⓒⓗⓐⓟⓣⓔⓡ ⓣⓗⓡⓔⓔ

Waking up in cold sweat, I reach up my arms, to feel around me, I climb my way out of bed, I stand up and begin to get ready for the day, I shiver when I read what day it is. Monday June 2, reaping day...

I go to take a shower first, making sure to not wake anyone while I walk, making my way to the bathroom, I open the door, the bathroom, used to be really nice and fancy before dad died. Mother said he build it himself, in fact mother said he built this whole house and he choose my name. It's the very reason that even though I didn't know my dad for very long i feel some kind of connection to him. I open the closet within the bathroom and grab a white towel, I open the shower door, I begin to undress, removing the soft blue pajamas I was wearing. I close the bathroom door when I remember I didn't close it yet, I get into the shower and turn on the water, it's freezing cold at first but then it slowly begins to heat up, as the water hits my skin, waking me up. I close my eyes and let the water continue to hit my skin, it feels comfortable to me. I begin to whistle a light tune, it's one mother taught me when I was little. She used to tell me my voice was a very powerful one and that if I wanted I could make anyone listen, but I'm not so sure anymore if I could. Maybe I could it just the fear of talking to others, what they think of me. Being an outcast campare to the rest of my district careers, strong, powerful and always ready for anything that comes their way so unlike me. The water hits my eyes snaping me to open my eyes. I cover my eyes with left arm as I turn off the water with my right. I get out of the shower. I pick up the white towel and begin to dry myself off when I hear mother's voice "I made breakfast jay" she says. I allow my self to smile so ever lightly. Mother opens the door she smiles at me as she hands me dad's old reaping clothes, a green button up shirt with black pants and shoes, I almost don't believe they are for me and have to make sure. "Are those really for me?" She looks at me. "Of course honey, here let me help you" she says. As I put on the shirt she helps me button it, I put on the pants next and zip them up. She tells me to try on the shoes after breakfast as I have a lot of time, even if I do have a lot of time it doesn't feel that way to me. I follow her out of the bathroom and into the kitchen, where my three brothers wait. My youngest brother Joey is still sleeping on the couch he's only 7 years old and doesn't have to worry about the reaping he far lucky than us. My next older brother Johnathan is eating some eggs with bacon, and toast. His eyes say it all that he hasn't slept much, dark circles under his eyes. The way he yawns when he about to take a bite. The concern I feel. My other brother Josh walks into the room, he's the one most like me. By that I mean he acts and looks a lot like me.
Same brown hair and same blue eyes. If you didn't know that he only one year apart from me you would think He's my twin.

I sit down and begin to eat dinner, mother begins to fix my messy hair, she smiles as she does. "I'm sure you be fine today Jay" she says in her soft tune but I'm not so sure.

After eating my breakfast, I begin to try on dad's old shoes, their fancy and old, black ones. I don't really know how to tie so I look up at mother for help, she knees down begins to tie them for me she tries to show me how to tie, "now you try" she says. I reach down to left shoe and begin to tie it. But the strings keep falling out of my hands, finally I managed to get a grip on them and begin to tie them but I end up making a knot, mother smiles and helps me. 'Don't give up honey you almost got it" she says. I nod, and thank her for everything she done. I stand up and get ready to go outside, I open the door and hold it open my brothers president snow said that even if you aren't old enough to volunteer for the hunger games you must be in town square he said the same for the parents, school is closed for today, they take it as some kind of holiday.