Luella came in and gave all three of the men in her life a kiss on their cheeks before doing the same thing to her mother and the growing baby in her belly as well.

Francis could remember a time when Luella was much smaller, even she had grown quite a bit in the years. She was now at tall willowy thing and her blonde curls came down flowingly. She was smarter than ever and would no doubt charm the boots off of anyone who came near.

They all sat talking enjoying the rest of their meal as they normally would. Georgia had finally felt in her heart after watching the man she loved with all her children with the newest addition growing inside of her that she never knew she could ever know such happiness.

Later on that evening, when the Duke found himself in his study after needing a brief respite from a day outdoors entertaining all the children. He wanted to give his wife the much needed time to rest so late in her pregnancy as she was so involved in their children's lives barely letting a nursemaid take over and do the job for her.

So, instead he spent the entire afternoon playing with boys and teaching Luella how to shoot arrows until they all eventually wore themselves out. He was just about to fix himself a glass of brandy, but a knock came at the door.

"My, apologies. I do not wish to be disturbed at the moment." The Duke called from were he was standing with his back turned half way to the door.

"Please, your grace. It is in regards to the Duchess." He recognized one of the maids voices immediately and instantly his heart started in a panic of flutter at the near mention of Georgia.

"Please, come in. What has happened? Is the Duchess well?" He spoke quickly not even waiting for the maid to enter the room completely. Four long strides and he was at the other side of the room.

She opened the door and to her surprise the Duke was already right there in front of her causing the poor maid to nearly squeak.

"My apologies for interrupting, but it is the babe, your grace. It is time for the Duchess to give birth." The girl said pleadingly. "Her Grace, is asking for you."

There was a scream that ricocheted through the entire marble manner causing the hair to rise on the back of Francis' neck.

"Please, call for Dr. Narrymore and the midwife this instant, and please have fresh sheets and towels escorted up to the Duchess' chamber and extra maids." He ordered and then began to make his way to the Duchess's chamber immediately since he knew that's where he would find her this late in the pregnancy.

"Of course, your grace." The young maid called after him nervously at the turn of events. It was always tense for the household when the Duchess gave birth to another child or heir. The welfare for both were the only thing that were being hoped for amongst the house staff.

"Very good." He said continuing to make his up the stairs and down the corridor to where the screams were originating.

He entered the room to find his wife sitting on the edge of the bed squeezing hold of her belly. Pain laced through all her features and sweat beaded above her dark brows. Francis felt guilt sweep through him at the sight at rushed to her side abidingly.

"My love." He took the back of his hand and used his thumb to gently caress the sweat off of her brow. She squeezed her eyes shut at his touch and groaned out loud with pain.