"Mother, I don't wish to quarrel with you, if that's what you think. Let's just say I rather did need some time off in the country. Actually, I...met a... lady."

He didn't know why he felt suddenly compelled to admit to his mother and sister truly about the only woman he desired to be married to. He guessed after having to suppress his feelings for her for the last few weeks, now he needed some advice on the matter. She was his mother after all and the opposite sex, maybe she would know what to do.

"You met a lady?" His mother gasped. "Edith, is this not wonderful news?! Oh, don't be modest. Do tell us Francis, how did you two come to meet?" She spoke excitedly.

"What is she like, dear brother?" Edith chimed in curiously enthused sitting over by the queen chairs where she held baby William lovingly in her arms.

"Well, she's quite lovely, but I..." Francis stared at them both blankly unsure if he should tell me how he bungled the entire thing.

"You what?" His mother asked alarmed. "Francis Alexander William Edwin Audley the fourth."

He took a step back from his mother and pinched the bridge of his nose groaning in frustration. "She does not wish to marry unless for love."

"As should any young lady!" His mother snapped and Francis rolled his eyes once more. In his world marriage was supposed to be a business transaction, not a broker for love. He made his mind up long ago.

"And, you do not love her?" His sister asked curiously.

"Edith, love is for fools." He stated determined to end it there.

"I am no fool, dear brother." She retorted.

"You did not answer the question." His mother interrupted. "Do you love her, Francis?" She said taking his hand and clasping it between hers.

"Don't be silly mother. Of course, I do not." Francis said but in the back of his mind something in him did not feel absolute about saying those words out loud.

"So, help me to understand. You are throwing a ball because you do not love her?" His mother asked him mockingly.

"Yes, no. I mean, it's quite complicated, mother." Francis groaned out snatching away from her again.

"Well, then the matter is quite simple, dear." His mother smiled and came over to pat his cheek. "All you have to do is un-complicate things. Go to her and tell her how you feel, dearest."

"It's not that easy mother." Francis said stepping out of her embrace. "I haven't seen or spoken to the lady. She'll probably think the worst of me."

"Oh, darling. She must be very special indeed if you care how she thinks." Francis' mother said as baby William began to fuss and his sister, Edith rang for a nursemaid.

He tuned his mother out while he watched the nursemaid come in the room and take the baby from his mother for him to most likely have a feeding. Little, small, baby William. Watching his nephew just recently brought him back to a time where he was very insistent in his endeavors with the lady Georgia.

Matter of factly, every time he was with her, he found himself trying to plant his seed deep within her. What if she were carrying his child right now as he stood there idly in the drawing room. He would never abandon her or the child, but isn't that what he was doing now. The look upon Georgia's face the day she walked away from his offer disturbed his thoughts once more.

There were so many emotions that he could see twisted upon her beautiful face. And, oh how he wished could give anything to go back to that very moment and kiss every line of wrinkled hurt and confusion until they were all smoothened out and she understood how very much he felt for her even if he didn't have the words of love to describe his feelings. Even his own feelings desperately confused him when it came to her. Did he love her?