The End of the World

Magsimula sa umpisa

Y/N: Mind you, when I said the great and the good, what I mean is, the rich.

ROSE: But, hold on. They did this once on Newsround Extra. The sun expanding, that takes hundreds of years.

DOCTOR: Millions, but the planet's now property of the National Trust. They've been keeping it preserved. See down there? Gravity satellites holding back the sun.

ROSE: The planet looks the same as ever. I thought the continents shifted and things.

MADDIE: They did, and the Trust shifted them back. That's a classic Earth. But now the money's run out, nature takes over.

ROSE: How long's it got?

Y/N: About half an hour and then the planet gets roasted.

ROSE: Is that why we're here? I mean, is that what you 3 do? Jump in at the last minute and save the Earth?

DOCTOR: We're not saving it. Time's up.

ROSE: But what about the people?

MADDIE: It's empty. They're all gone. No one left.

ROSE: Just me, then.

(A blue-skinned person with golden slit eyes strides towards them.)

STEWARD: Who the hell are you 3?

Y/N: Oh, that's nice, thanks.

STEWARD: But how did you 3 get in? This is a maximum hospitality zone. The guests have disembarked. They're on their way any second now.

DOCTOR: That's us. We're 3 guests. Look, we've got 3 invitations. Look. There, you see? It's fine, you see? The Doctor, Maddie, and Y/N plus one. I'm the Doctor and my wife Maddie and my daughter Y/N, this is Rose Tyler. She's our plus one. Is that all right?

(The Doctor puts away the piece of apparently blank paper he was showing to the steward.)

STEWARD: Well, obviously. Apologies, et cetera. If you're on board, we'd better start. Enjoy.

(The Steward goes over to a lecturn.)

MADDIE: The paper's slightly psychic. It shows them whatever I want them to see. Saves a lot of time.

ROSE: He's blue.

Y/N: Yeah.

ROSE: Okay.

STEWARD: We have in attendance the Doctor, Maddie, Y/N and Rose Tyler. Thank you. All staff to their positions.

(A lot of small people appear.)

STEWARD: Hurry, now, thank you. Quick as we can. Come along, come along. And now, might I introduce the next honoured guest? Representing the Forest of Cheam, we have trees, namely, Jabe, Lute and Coffa.

(A bark-skinned woman enters with two larger male escorts.)

STEWARD: There will be an exchange of gifts representing peace. If you could keep the room circulating, thank you. Next, from the solicitors Jolco and Jolco, we have the Moxx of Balhoon.

(Another blue alien, this time mostly head and body, sitting on a transport pod.)

STEWARD: And next, from Financial Family Seven, we have the Adherents of the Repeated Meme.

(A group of black-robed bipeds.)

STEWARD: The inventors of Hypo-slip Travel Systems, the brothers Hop Pyleen. Thank you.

(Fur clad reptilians. The announcements of variations on the biped theme continue.)

STEWARD: Cal Spark Plug. Mister and Mrs Pacoo. The Ambassadors from the City State of Binding Light.