1. A Last Minute Masquerade

Dearest Gentle Reader,
Did you miss me? It has been quite some time since the finale of the last season. The news has spread quickly of the return of Viscount Bridgerton and his new Viscountess, Lady Kate Bridgerton from their quite lengthy honeymoon. Nevertheless, The Ton is growing most anxious indeed in anticipation for the upcoming season. Perhaps there is more than scandal to follow, more rare love matches to be made? Maybe this time the Queen could have better luck choosing this seasons incomparable . Alas, only
Time will tell.

-Lady Whistledown

Society Papers
——————————————

Queen Charlotte shut the article flat between her gloved Palms in frustration. "This Whistledown has been taunting me for all of the last 2 seasons, Must she continue for a third?"

"Perhaps she's trying to break a personal record." Lady Danbury jokes to which the Queen purses her lips in displeasure.

"Is this of amusement to you?" The queen looks over to Danbury with a raised brow.

"Of course not, but you must say, The Ton is all the more alive w  hen Whistledown writes, especially before an upcoming season. Maybe it is time to see her writing as an opportunity for some— dare I say, good publicity." The edges of Lady Danbury's lips tugged ever so slightly in an upwards motion as she sees the Queen consider her proposal.

"I do admire some good publicity." The Queen smiles with a slight display of deviousness.

"— Your Majesty— All preparations are in order and have been completed for the upcoming debutant ball." One of the servants bowed before the queen as he informed her.

"Prepared to find your next diamond so soon?" Danbury inquires.

"Of course, but I just know Lady Whistledown will not allow me to choose without discussion."

"I was not aware the Queen ever sought out the permission of others." Lady Danbury places her hand atop the other on her cane.

"I do not, and I never shall." The Queen clarifies with a clearing of her throat.

"I had hoped not."

—-

3 Weeks Later

Mayfair, England, 1814

"Make sure you are careful with those vases, they have been passed down in the family for decades

"Make sure you are careful with those vases, they have been passed down in the family for decades." The matriarch warns the servants as they moved the furniture into the manor with precision.