Southern Sights

Audrey was ready for her night out with her friends. She had been waiting for this night for weeks, and she knew it was going to be a great night. They planned to go to a bar downtown named Southern Sights. Southern Sights was the most popular place in Audrey's small town in Arkansas. The town was a few miles West of Arkansas, its name was Cowden and it was not on most maps. Most people that lived in this town, left as soon as they could. As a small town with hardly any shops other than the local Quick Shop and a few restaurants along with a few miscellaneous buildings, Cowden had a population no larger than 250.

Audrey finally thought she was ready to go. She put hair gel in her curly blonde hair to keep it under control, wore a black and red flannel shirt, tucked in to her dark jeans with a camouflage belt and a large buckle, that lead down to her brown and camouflage boots. She was the only one in her group that wore clothing that properly covered her body. The other four girls wore skimpy outfits and high heels, not exactly the kind you would think to find in a town like theirs.

Audrey trotted down her stairs to find all the girls standing around a table, complimenting each other on their makeup work. Audrey approached behind her closest friend, Dana, and threw her hair up around her face.

"Audrey!! Your going to mess up my hair and my makeup," Dana exclaimed, frantically trying to fix her hair.

"Aw I'm sorry," Audrey makes a fake pout face.

Dana playfully pushes Audrey back and they erupt in giggles.

"Is everyone ready to go? I put a blanket over the back seat of the truck to keep the bottom of your precious outfits clean," Audrey announces.

"Whatever Audrey," Emily sarcastically remarked. "Let's go already!"

Audrey is the first one out the door with the keys to her white F250 in her hand. She unlocks the truck, allowing Dana to slide into the front seat and Emily, Jenn, and Katy to pile up in the back seat. After approximately 20 minutes of driving, Audrey pulls into Southern Sights and parks her truck as close to the door as she can.

The girls flood out of the truck and rush into the bar. Audrey locks her truck and follows behind the others. Emily, Dana, Jenn, and Katy find their way to the dance floor first while Audrey goes to the bar to get a soda.

Audrey orders an average coke, and she turns towards the dance floor to see that Emily and Jenn are already grinding on some random guys. She scans the rest of the building and lays eyes on him.