"Mhm," Kate hummed as their lips met again, her hands on her girlfriend's hips now, sliding under Amara's t-shirt, being as gentle as she could when she felt the bandage on her side.

"Does that hurt?" Kate asked, lips trailing down to the girls neck.

"No," Amara lied, everything still ached but she didn't care.

"You're lying aren't you?"

"And you said you'd shut up," Amara pulled away, holding Kate's face in her hands, looking down at her.

"I don't want to hurt you though," Kate's eyes softened.

"I'll let you know if it's too much," Amara compromised.

Kate smiled at that deal before connecting their lips again, her hands exploring Amara's skin again.

"Please hold," Kate broke the kiss to lift Amara off the couch, the girl keeping her arms and legs wrapped around Kate like a koala bear.

"What are you doing?" Amara giggled as Kate carried her away.

"Going somewhere more private," Kate smiled, hands giving Amara's thighs a squeeze as she rushed up the stairs.

The next two and half weeks were full of movie nights, laughs and great homecooked food.

Kate and Amara felt so welcomed by the Barton's, they immediately felt apart of the family.

Kate and Clint started daily archery competitions, Kate almost always getting beat by him. Except for a few times he let her win.

Nathaniel became obsessed with Amara, and she'd give into anything he asked, candy at midnight? Sure, why not.

Laura helped Amara learn some self defense moves, she gave in and taught her how to use a gun despite Kate and Clint telling her not to.

"They don't know shit, their choice of weapon is a stick that shoots another stick," Laura teased the two archers quietly, making Amara giggle.

There was one night left, their last night in the Barton house before they had to go back to campus. Amara had been in bed, reading, when someone gently knocked on her door.

"Come in," she closed the book, sitting up a little straighter, expecting it to be Clint or Laura.

But instead Lila's face appeared from behind the door, "Can I ask you something?"

"Of course," Amara smiled, pulling her legs into a criss-cross position, she patted the bed, inviting the young girl to come sit next to her.

"Okay, you don't have to answer but I've always wonder this and I just don't know who to ask, but you seem like that right person," Lila talked like she was nervous, sitting on the edge of the bed, feet on the ground still, not looking at Amara.

Amara nodded waiting for her to continue.

Lila and her had become like sisters. Lila reminded Amara of Thalia, just young and curious but also headstrong and confident, not fully damaged by reality yet.

"How did you know?" Lila asked bluntly.

"Know what?" Amara kept her voice calm even though she was beyond confused.

"That you liked girls, or do you also like boys?" Lili finally looked over at Amara, worried she had offended her.

"Oh defiantly Lindsey Lohan in Herbie Fully Loaded," Amara laughed. Lila's face contorted with confusion.

"Have you never seen it?" Amara's mouth dramatically hung open. Lila shook her head.

"You better watch it immediately! And report back to me."

Lila didn't know what to say.

Amara spoke again, her tone getting serious, "I honestly think I knew before that. I'd go to sleepovers with friends and they'd talk about their celebrity crushes, always boys. And I just didn't get what they were talking about, like none of it 'turned me on', so to answer the other question I don't like boys. Are you questioning if you like girls?"

"No," Lila responded too fast, then took a deep breath, "Maybe, I don't know"

"I was about your age or a little younger when I started to question it," Amara smiled, "But don't feel the need to figure it out, you'll know when you know. Plus you have parents that'll love you no matter what," she gently rubbed the girls back, "And you can always call me whenever."

"Thank you," Lila's eyes softened.

"Of course," Amara smiled, "Νow go back to your room, your parents are nice but they scare me"

Lila couldn't help but laugh at the dark haired girl as she left the room, "Goodnight, Mar, I'm gonna miss you"

"I miss you already," she smiled softly before the girl shut the door.