A Real Proposal

Taehyung

I didn't speak to Jin or Jimin all of Thursday and Friday until Jimin texted me late Friday night that they had returned. I called Jimin right away, "did he talk about me at all." Jimin sighs, "he actually did Tae, we had to attend a business dinner and we had a few drinks, his alcohol tolerance isn't the best." I hear Jimin snicker, "how drunk, what did he do, please tell me he didn't meet someone." "No Tae, after dinner him and I sat at the bar a bit longer and you are all he talked about", Jimin says. "Good or bad", I ask afraid of the answer. 

"Both, he told me about the picture Hobi sent him, he still thinks you sent it, he's mad you lied to him and he said that he thought he did something good in his life to have met you", Jimin says. "Is he showing up tomorrow", I ask. "He is but he thinks that you will live separate lives, he thinks you will want to be with Hobi", Jimin sighs, "I have to go Tae, I am exhausted, I'll see you in the morning at the venue to help you get ready." "Night Jimin and thank you", I say hanging up. I feel worse now then I did earlier but as I sit here and mope I get an amazing idea and only have a few hours to make it come together.

Seokjin

I am at the venue and I am so nervous, I am marrying a gorgeous man with whom I have allowed myself to fall in love with who doesn't feel the same for me, I will be the husband but not the lover or the friend, laying in bed last night I decided not to live in the house with Tae, I will allow him and his partner to live there. When I hear the door open I see my mom come in, "hi baby are you doing okay in here." I shrug, "I guess." "Jin baby talk to me, what's been going on, you have changed, you don't smile anymore and you haven't mentioned Taehyung at all, what's going on", she asks sitting by me and holding my hand. 

"He has a boyfriend, so the feelings that I caught for him are now null and void", I sigh. "Boyfriend, what are you talking about, Lin said Tae was single", Daisy screeches. "Maybe Lin doesn't know but I have proof, Tae sent me the picture himself", I fire back. "That two timing", I cut her off. "He isn't cheating Daisy, we aren't a couple", I remind her. "Jin are you almost ready", Namjoon says coming into the room. "Ready as I'll ever be", I say looking in the mirror one more time.

Namjoon led me to my side of the wall, Lin and my mom came up with the idea of having us walk to the alter at the same time, he on one side of the wall, me on the other, when the music starts we both walk on opposite sides of our guests and meet at the alter. Standing here is nerve wracking, I know the minute I see him I am going to start crying because he will never really be mine, to never kiss his lips or make love to him, I am pulled back from my thoughts when I hear the music play and I start to make my way down the aisle. When we make it to the alter I realize I was right, he is beautiful and my heart breaks all over again, until I see him drop to one knee.

Taehyung

Watching Seokjin walking opposite me on the other side of the guests made my nerves double, I need to prove to him that it's him I want, for real, no paper contract, no sham arranged marriage, a real marriage, real kids, and real love, I just hope he says yes. Now here I am at the alter on bended knee, Jin looking at me like I am crazy, "Tae what are you doing, get up." "Not till I say what I have to, Seokjin I know you are upset with me and when we are alone later I will explain everything but right now I need you to know there is no one else in my life", I say and he looks into my eyes and I know I have his full attention. 

"The minute I saw you I knew I was the luckiest man alive, I fell for you instantly, I don't want a fake marriage, I don't want a paper marriage, I want a real marriage with you, I want us to start a real family and stay that way forever, please tell me you want the same and that you believe me when I tell you there is no one else in my life", I say holding his hand. His tears are so beautiful but I am not done yet, I pull the box out of my pocket and open it displaying a beautiful silver wedding band, "Seokjin, please marry me for real because I love you more than I have ever loved anyone."

 He drops to his knees and holds my hands that are still holding the box, "I do believe you and I don't want a pretend marriage either, I want all in Taehyung, I want the loving home, the loving husband, the kids running around and most of all I want us, I want to be real because I love you too, yes I will marry you for real." After he wipes my tears we both stand and let the officiant conduct the ceremony, the real ceremony and when he said to kiss my groom I  pull Jin close to me, "you know this is our first kiss." "Then you better make it good Mr. Kim", he smiles and I melt, leaning toward him and placing my lips on his and in that moment I know exactly happiness truly is.