Chapter 9: An Awkward Wake-up

It was around 9:34 am when Maku woke up from what was probably the best sleep in his life so far. As he woke up more, he noticed his purple haired friend was hugging him from behind in his sleep.

He blushed slightly after noticing this, but he layed still, to not disturb her sleep.

"B-Bloody hell... I-It's not that cold..."

He tried to move slightly, accidentally waking her up. She woke up slowly, and Maku quickly pretended to be asleep.

She blushed as she realized that she had been hugging him for most of the night, and immediately got up, to see if he was awake. He was, but Yuri thought he wasn't, since he was pretending to be asleep.

"S-S-Sorry..." She whispered to him.

He pretended to wake up.

"S-Sorry for what...?" He asked.

"N-Nothing! It's nothing!"

"You say that, but it definitely seems like it was something..."

"I-I swear, it's n-nothing..."

"Again, you say that, but I'm pretty sure I could feel you hugging me right before I fell asleep." He said nonchalantly.

"No I-I didn't..." She looked away in embarrassment.

"Hey, I'm not mad or anything. It's just that you could have asked first."

"I-I'm sorry..."

"There's nothing to be sorry for. It is quite cold, after all."

"W-Well... I g-guess..."

An awkward silence filled the room after she said this, no one knowing what to say. Eventually, Yuri spoke.

"Y-You know... I-I didn't do it on a-accident... A-And not b-because I was cold, either... That's why I s-said sorry..." She said while blushing a lot.

"Wait... Wh-What do you mean...?" He said, also blushing.

"N-Nothing."

After she said this, another awkward silence followed.

"I-I should p-probably head home..."

"I-If you want to. You can stay as long as you want."

"Y-Yeah, but my parents are probably a bit worried s-since I forgot to tell them that I was g-gonna be sleeping here..."

"Oh... Th-Then yeah, maybe you should..."

Yuri gets up, walks downstairs, and puts on her jacket.

"H-Hey..." Maku said as he walked down the staircase.

"Wh-What is it?" She asked.

"D-Do you... W-Wanna do this again... Sometime?"

"M-Maybe... Despite th-the awkwardness today, y-yesterday was pretty fun... Y-Yeah, let's do th-this again sometime."

"G-Great!"

"Th-Then... I'll see you l-later, okay?" She said.

"Y-Yeah... See you later..."

Yuri opens the door and walks out, and Maku closes it behind her.

Author's note:
This chapter is a bit shorter, because I had to divide a really big chapter into two so that it wouldn't be too long. Sorry about that. PizzaMozzarella out.