"Uff... Don't you have any work today?" She let her frustration be visible though made sure her tone wasn't pointed or else...

"I've. And a lot of that." He answered with his voice as calm as iced-cold water.

"Then maybe do that?" Her voice was sweeter like her favorite sweet, Rasmalai.

"Or maybe do another important work, hnn?"

"Does that work involves me?"

"Nah, it involves your daughter. And I want you to come home if you are done from your little hide 'n seek game."

Ruhanika frowned slightly hearing him and glared at her half-eaten burger which was for sure now cold.

"Isn't Shweta aunty at home?"

"No, her caretaker took a half-day and left early to see her son who got beaten by his wife."

Ruhanika exhaled deeply hearing his last sentence. Shweta's aunty who was Yuvika's caretaker was so stressed from this issue for a month or so. Her son would fight with his wife every now 'n then and then his wife would use violence as a weapon...

It might sound funny how a grown-up man was getting beaten by his wife but it wasn't.

Any form of abuse or violence in a relationship from anyone is wrong!

Just because he was a man didn't make it funny, right?

"So, you want me to come home and take care of Yuvika?"

"Yes, she is becoming demanding and perfectionist."

"You made her so now take care of her."

The vulgar words rolled off her tongue smoothly without any hesitation catching Yuvraj Rathore by surprise and for a second he felt tongue-tied.

Gaining his composure he replied back, "My, my, someone is so curious in making Yuvika I see... Will see your curiosity in our room and kill the cat tonight,"

Shock flew through her veins as all the blood from her body ran cold hearing those words of her husband. She stood frozen in her spot still not believing if she heard him right while a beep resonated in her ear indicating the phone was cut from the other side.

She kept the phone on the table with a thud and stifled the remaining burger inside her mouth in a trance.

She drank the whole glass of water gulping down the big bite as she tried to focus her attention on her nail which was breaking...

He was joking, right?

All this was just a reaction to my words... He wasn't serious by any means...

Yes, He. Wasn't. Serious.

...but what if he was?

Ruhanika anxiously fiddled with her fingers at her thoughts.

Taking her bottom lip under the mercy of her teeth, she furrowed her brows thinking of a solution to her this problem.

Unfortunately for her... She wasn't that innocent to not understand those words with a double meaning.

On the other hand, she had way too much mind that every other word in daily life seems to be doubled meaning, and this one,

How could she miss this one!?