Chapter 9: A Mealtime Chat

Comenzar desde el principio

"Very well, then," Riddle replies.

Then Trey says, "Don't worry, I'll keep an eye on them.

Hmm. As vice housewarden, I trust you'll avoid any further indiscreet conversation," Riddle says to Trey, "Now, as per rule 339... 'The post-meal beverage is to be lemon tea with two sugar cubes.' Thus, I must go to acquire my sugar cubes. Farewell."

He then mutters, "Don't even get me started on their violation of running out of sugar cubes...!"

Then Riddle leaves the group as everyone stares at him. He then stops and turns his head, and looks at Briar.

He then calmly says, "A word of advice Ms. Briar Hawthorne, from one perfect to another, it would be best for you to keep the residents of your dorm in line, especially the cat who has been unruly and disrespectful from causing any more trouble." Then continues to walk away

Suddenly, Briar begins to hear dripping sounds, causing her to softly gasp. She suddenly has a weird vision in her mind. Two drops of some black ooze fall to the floor and pool together to become one. She looks around to hear the dripping sounds and to have this feeling that makes her a little uneasy.

Tanzanite notices it and asks, "Briar, are you okay?"

Briar shakes her head and says, "Oh, I'm okay. I guess I must have spaced out for a minute there."

"You sure? You're looking a bit pale," Tanzanite says.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine," Briar replies.

Just then, she hears Cater say, "Yeesh! That was terrifying."

"That guy... has some serious issues," Grim replies.

And Deuce scolds Grim, "Hey, don't disrespect him!"

Sereia then hugs Briar's arm as she says, "He is kind of scary."

"And takes the rules really seriously," Briar replies.

Suddenly, Briar and the others hear, "Is the housewarden gone?"

The group turn their heads to see two Heartslabyul students talking and they have lunch, and look nervous.

The second student nervously says, "I totally just broke rule 186, 'Never eat a hamburger on Tuesday.' I don't know what I would have done if he'd caught me!" He sighs and says, "... I wish he wouldn't come here so we could at least eat lunch in peace."

Cater and Trey look a bit uneasy after hearing it."

Then notices the Ramshackle Dorm group look deeply concerned.

Then Trey says, "Riddle managed to secure the housewarden title before the end of his very first week at school. I know he can come off a bit harsh, but he's not a bad guy. Everything he does, he does because he thinks it'll improve the dorm."

"Would a good guy go around putting collars on strangers' necks?" Grim says, bitterly.

"Heh heh..." Cater and Trey nervously reply.

Briar sighs and calmly says, "Grim, in case you forgot, it was your fault for going crazy during the ceremony."

Grim growls and says, "Grrrrr... But that collar really hurt, and it shut off all my magic! That's just rude!"

Ignoring Grim's anger, Briar turns to Cater and asks, "And seconds: what's this 'signature spell' he mentioned?"

"Hm? You're curious about Riddle's signature spell?" Cater replies.

"Signature spell? What does that mean?" Sereia asks.

Decue then replies, "That means, like... It's a spell that only he can cast, right?"