"I'm sorry if I bothered you, and thank you for appearing at my invitation."

Tumango ako, "The last time you sent me a message, it stated that you needed something to tell me. So this is the time to tell a story."

She gulped and quickly averted her gaze from me. May kung anong takot at kaba sa kaniyang puso dahilan para mas lalo pa siyang weird at hindi mapakali.

"It's all about Rain," she coldly said. "He's having an affair with me. And we were five months into our relationship yesterday."

"So what is your point in telling me this?" She looked at me, trying to calm herself. My eyes remained, focused on her.

"I'm totally guilty . . . and I don't want you to be hurt, nor even destroy your relationship. I sincerely apologize, Ash. I didn't mean to be your rival, and I have no intention of taking him away from you."

"Do you've been together for five months?" She nodded, and I even smirked at it.

"How much do you love him?" I saw how she nervously looked at me. Ganunpaman, hindi ko inalis ang mga titig ko sa kaniya.

"I . . . I really love him."

"How many times did he do it to you? I mean, the sex."

"Several times."

"Are you good in bed?" Her jaw dropped on that question of mine. I put my hand on the table and made my fingers tap on it. She finally saw what I had that she didn't have.

"Yes, Megan. We are getting married." Her eyes were wet, and she simply bent her head down to remove them.

"I know."

"Did he tell you?"

"Everything, including your pregnancy."

"Then what can you say?"

"Congratulations on that. I'm . . . I'm really sorry."

"I understand," I patiently answered and suddenly stood up.

"Thank you for telling me this. And I hope you can move on. I'm sorry." I turned back and silently went out. I admitted that I was surprised by what she said, but I know myself very well, and I know how even Rain really loves me.

Sinalubong ako ng yakap ni River at halik ni Rain pagkarating ko sa bahay.

"How's your lesson, River?" tanong ko sa aking anak na tila kinikilig nang makitang nakahalik ang kaniyang ama sa akin.

"Yes, Mom. I'm doing well." Ngumiti ako at sunod na binalingan si Rain na panay pala ang tingin sa akin.

"And how about your work?"

"I felt a little bored about office work, but working on you is totally great."

"Oh, no. I'm sorry, but I'm innocent of that thing," River said, raising his hands as if surrendering and easily walking away. Rain smiled a little, looking at his son.

"Rain, I have something to tell you."

"What is that?"

"I played on you." Agad siyang lumingon sa akin. Sumeryoso aking mukha at ganoon na lang din ang kaniyang pagtaka. Ngunit ang inashan kong kaniyang maging sagot ay iba.

"Life is hard as fuck."

"Did you enjoy it?" panigurado ko.

"Those past experiences with you, Ashleigh Fortalejo, are the very things I could remember." Mariin siyang lumapit sa aking tainga at sinabing, "And that's how I played your games."

Saglit niya akong tiningnan saka hinapit aking baywang at binigyan ng halik sa labi.

"Don't play with me again, Ashleigh Fortalejo. You never know how fucking bad you're playing on Rain La Costa."

"Fuck that thing," sarkastikong anas ko sa kaniya at ngumiti ng nakakaasar.

"Damn you, queen, and there is nothing you can do now. You're already mine, right?" He gave me a wink, holding my hand, and I spoke again.

"So what?"

"What I'm trying to say is that I love you and you are mine. And never forget that."
I nodded and admitted that I shuddered at what he said.

Shameless love.

We headed to the living room where our son was and the three of us were happy.

Our family has been formed. That is because of the love and forgiveness that we have for each other.