Episode 2

3rd POV

Rin and Sousuke are found meeting up with each other after classes have ended. As they are childhood friends, they had to meet up.

"It's been a while, Sousuke!", Rin exclaims while holding his arm out.

"Yeah. Five years, isn't it?", Sousuke answers, returning the gesture.

"Why would you transfer schools at this time of yeah, though?"

"You're one to talk. You're the one who transferred in the middle of winter when we were in the sixth grade."

Sousuke and Rin had met right after (Y/N) had moved to Iwatobi. They have been friends since then, even when Rin had left Tokyo.

Then they find a nearby bench to sit down on and catch up a bit more. 

"Yeah... I guess I did", Rin says, "So, what brings you to Samezuka? Weren't you going to a school in Tokyo with a strong swim team?"

"Well, I have my reasons", Sousuke answers bluntly.

But Rin wasn't buying that.

"What're you being so vague about? That's not like you", Rin asks.

"I just thought I'd spend my last year as a high school swimmer in my hometown, enjoying it my way, since I already know where I'll be going after high school", Sousuke answers.

Now that answer had made Rin's eye widen and he stands in front of his childhood friend who's just looking down.

"Wait a minute. You're going to quit swimming, are you?", Rin asks.

This shocks him because Sousuke had been working hard to get to the international. He wouldn't expect him to just give that.

Rin waits for Sousuke to give him an answer, only for him to look up with a smirk.

"I got scouted", Sousuke answers.

Rin's dumbfounded look was there for a split second only for him to start congratulating him. 

"Damn, man! That's awesome!", Rin exclaims while putting his foot on his leg.

"C'mon, Rin! Cut it out!", Sousuke yells while laughing, "Oh, by the way. I ran into (Y/N) the other day. I see that she isn't anymore."

Rin had placed his foot back down on the ground and sat back beside him.

"Yeah, but now I'm worried about her", Rin answers, now being serious.

"Why? Is she okay?", Sousuke asks with worry.

"(F/N) was arrested, but he's been wanting to see her. He was going as far as going to where she lived just to get to her. I know that she's going to have to face him when it goes to trial, but she was just so scared when she got that phone call." 

Not only did he want to keep her safe, Sousuke wants to keep her safe. And now that he's back in her life, he'll get that chance