Chapter 2 - That's Cap

Start from the beginning

He stood up and looked to Leena.

"So do you reuse these?" He asked her.

"Let me see it." She said as she took it from him.

After she looked it over for a few seconds she nodded.

"It depends on the condition. Like is the arrow head still in tack or is it bent slightly. Never reuse an arrow that is even slightly damaged as it can cause issues." She said as she cleaned it and put it away.

He was impressed by how smart she was. He never thought she was dumb, just that she really knew what she was doing.

"Right. So what do....." He paused and looked up behind Leena.

"Tyler? Are you alright?" She asked, confused about why he just stopped.

He raised a hand to point at something behind her.

She didn't even have to look to know what it was.

"Tyler." She called his name.

Tyler looked to her, the same fear in both of their faces.

"Yeah?"

"Run."

"Don't have to tell me once. Fuck that!" He shouted as he ran for the exit, not before grabbing Leena's hand.

Just before they could leave, a giant web was shot in front of them and it blocked the exit. Tyler stopped and they both turned to face it.

"The giant enemy spider." Tyler said making a reference that no one will understand.

"We don't have a choice but to fight. Burning that web would take a while." She said as she got her bow ready.

Tyler had his scythes ready as he split it into two smaller ones again.

"Alright, I'll try and get on its back and you aim for its eyes. You have good aim and I'm decently athletic so maybe if we're lucky we won't die here." He told her.

"Ok, sounds like a better plan than nothing." She said.

They both ran into action. Leena shot two arrows at once, hitting it in the face, one hit one of its eyes. He looked to her and it didn't look happy. She readied an arrow after snapping her fingers on the head of it, making it light up in a small compact flame ready to blow.

Tyler ran behind it. He jumped onto a rock and then leaped for its back, raising his scythes over his head he landed on its back and rammed both of them into its back. It reared back in pain and that gave Leena the opportunity to hit it underneath with the flame arrow. As soon as the arrow hit it made a small explosion of fire that scorched the bottom of the massive spider.

Tyler was somehow able to stabilise himself and got up on one knee to swing one scythe and cut one of its legs off.

"It's staggering!" Leena shouted. She shot three arrows at once, each hitting an eye.

Tyler managed to connect both scythes together again.

"Go for the head Tyler!" She shouted.

He did just that. He stood up and after almost falling off, he leapt to its head and rammed the spear end of the scythe into its head. It's let our a screech loud enough to deafen someone, somehow not doing that to either of them, and collapsed.

Tyler stood there. Scythe still in the things head. He was breathing heavily.

"Did...... Did we kill it?" He asked her.

She looked at it. For a minute it didn't do anything. She stepped closer and kicked it.

Yep. That fucker was dead as fuck.