Chapter-7

Heesung scratched the back of his neck. "Not really. I just own a lot of shares"

"I'm guessing around 20%?" Jake said.

"50% actually" Heesung gave him a shy smile.

"Dude that's crazy. You are like the CEO" Jake exclaimed.

"Yeah, that's what it says on the documents but I still prefer the title of a programmer. It's cool"

Jake laughed. He never knew that Heesung was a big name.

"That's impressive," he said, and laid back down, feeling the soft blanket under his fingers.

"Hey" Heesung did the same and plopped back on the bed, making sure there was sufficient distance between the two. "Wanna watch Vincenzo?"

Jake's eyes sparkled brighter than diamonds as soon as his favorite drama was mentioned. "I thought you would never ask"

(My sister said that tech companies have cool stuff. And cool stuff equals arcade and candy machine for me)

.....

"I am so sorry" Jake apologized for the tenth time now. "I cannot believe I fell asleep."

"It's okay Jake. I'm glad you are all refreshed now" Heesung reassured the younger with a bright smile. "What do you wanna have?"

"Strawberry," Jake said and Heesung turned around to place an order for their ice cream.

Even though Heesung was cool about it, Jake still felt bad for dozing off earlier. He really wanted to watch Vincenzo with the older but he couldn't. He won't admit this to Heesung but Jake had the best sleep in his bed. It was extremely comfortable.

"Thanks" he mumbled after Heesung handed him his cup of ice cream. "Let me pay"

Heesung shook his head, handing Jake another cup of chocolate ice cream. "It's on me"

If he was being honest, it had been way too long since somebody willingly paid for his food and this simple gesture from the older's side left him feeling all mushy inside.

"This is my favorite place. I always come here after work-"

A little taller than Jake, a man almost bumped into him on his way out of the ice cream parlor. Before he could lose his balance and fall, Heesung held him firmly by his arm.

"I'm so sorry- Jake?" A very familiar voice spoke, startling the said boy.

"Sung-sunghoon" Jake stuttered. As soon as he saw his best friend, his mind instantly went back to the night when they hung out at his place. The day when Sunghoon was too drunk to think about his actions and had k-worded Jake.

"What are you doing here?" Jake blurted out, not really making eye contact with the other.

"To get ice cream," Sunghoon said, his voice cold.

"Oh," Jake said and looked up at him, only to find Sunghoon already looking somewhere else. Looking at Heesung's grip around his arm to be precise.

"Ah, I forgot to introduce you guys." Jake let out a nervous laugh. "Sunghoon, this is Heesung. Heesung, this is my best friend Sunghoon"

The two men glared at each other and shook hands, Jake silently praying for Sunghoon to not twist the older's hand or do something rash like he used to do to Jake's dates in the past.

"Pleasure to meet you," Heesung said, with a tight-lipped smile.

"Likewise," Sunghoon replied.

"I'll see you later Jake" Sunghoon gave his friend a look before walking away.

Jake was about to exit with Heesung but something about Sunghoon's vibe made him stop. He had never seen such a dull and stressed Sunghoon and that worried him.

"Heesung" he tapped on the older's shoulder. "Give me a minute, will you? I need to check up on something"

Heesung glanced inside at the taller male standing by the counter and nodded. "I'll wait for you outside"

Jake thanked him and walked inside the shop that had adorable pastel decorations.

"Hey Sunghoon" he called out.

Sunghoon had found himself an empty spot by the windows and was about to take a bite of his vanilla ice cream before Jake rushed over and sat in the seat across from him.

"Hi?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. "Ditched your date?"

Jake shook his head. "No"

"Then?"

He doesn't know for sure why but Sunghoon sounded very pissed for some reason.

"How are you?" he asked, not knowing what to say.

"Fine" the other replied.

Jake didn't buy it. He didn't look fine. Sunghoon had a scowl on his face and his eyes were struggling to stay open.
Maybe it was his dad? Or the company? Or maybe it was Jake?

"Is it about-" Jake quickly stopped himself. He has no idea how to ask Sunghoon if he was behaving like this because he remembers what happened that night.

"About what?" Sunghoon looked at him weirdly.

"Are you really okay?" Jake asked again, cautiously wording his sentence.

"Well," Sunghoon took a deep breath and put down his ice cream cup. "I don't know man"

He ran a finger through his hair and Jake waited patiently for him to speak up.

"It's nothing" He sighed.

"You can tell me what's bothering you" Jake encouraged.

After a long pause, the taller spoke up. "It's Sunoo"

Jake felt something in his heart break. Just a little. He should have known that it was about Sunoo. It's always about Sunoo and never him. It's understandable actually. Only Sunghoon's boyfriend can affect his mood so much.

"Oh"

They sat in painful silence for a couple of minutes before Sunghoon decided to speak up.

"He won't answer my texts" he explained. "He isn't picking up my calls either."

"Did you check his apartment?"

Sunghoon nodded. "I did. He isn't there"

Jake looked out of the window and saw Heesung standing outside with his back and he suddenly remembered that it had been over ten minutes now since he came inside for a talk.

"I guess you should give him some time" Jake stood up. "He will come around. I know that"

Sunghoon watched Jake dash out of the ice cream parlor and go straight to the older male who was waiting for him.

He saw Jake's lips move and form words of forgiveness. He noticed how Heesung's eyes lit up and ruffled his head. Seeing this, he felt sick. Why did the image of his best friend smiling beside a man rile him up more than the sudden disappearance of his boyfriend?

____________________________________

A messy breakup is coming up next chapter.
You know who it is going to be :(

Btw, thanks for 300 reads💞