Chapter 3: Five Idiots Plus More

Chapter 3: Go-nin no Baka Shinmai

Part 1

"Hey, hey! What do you think? Isn't my phone case cute?" asked someone.

"No way! How did you get that?! That's so pretty!" responded someone?

The first girl chuckled and said, "Right~?"

"Ne ne, how much is that? It looks expensive," asked another person.

"It's not that expensive! It's only what? About 10,000pts? It's custom-ordered by me so it's pretty!" responded the person.

At the other corner of the classroom, boys were huddling up around 4 boys. Each of them was holding pricey devices.

"Wow, they really bought it!"

"Damn, I wish I bought that yesterday as well."

"I'll buy it later, anyone else wanna come?"

While they were talking, the four at the center were glaring at each other.

"Ike, let's team up! Let's beat Hondou and Miyamoto!" said Yamauchi as he snapped his fingers.

Ike brushed his hair backward, acting cool, and replied, "Yamauchi, let's do it. Let's show them that we're masters at this too."

"Hmph, you lost 2 times already. If you lose again, don't forget the bet," said Miyamoto.

"Right, right! Especially you, Yamauchi. You ran away yesterday after you said you had a girlfriend in middle school. You need to tell us if you lost."

They argued for a little while before continuing the game and surprisingly, Ike and Yamauchi won the 3rd and 4th rounds, making the scores a tie.

"You are good but we are better. Prepare for the last round, Ike, Yamauchi!"

"We don't need to prepare, idiots! We're already stronger than you now!"

They fought through the game and it lasted more than 20 minutes the warning (reminder) alarm rang they prepared with the courtesy of Sotomura, letting them know that the class will start in a minute.

"Damn it. Let's end it, Hondou."

"Ha Ha, you already lost, Miyamoto! Yamauchi, SS!"

In half a minute, the game was over and the audience was impatiently waiting for the results.

"Victory!" "Victory!" "Defeat." "Defeat."

It was silence until Yamauchi and Ike jumped at each other.

"Yamauchi!"

"Ike!"

The school bell rang and the others went back to their seats noisily while still glancing at the pair.

They moved away from each other before shaking each other's hands.

"I'll now call you Haruki."

"Alright, Kanji."

They stared at each other when their teacher entered the room.

"Settle down, students."

Chabashira-sensei secretly scanned the room and her gaze stopped at 6 people including me. My seatmate, Yotsuba Nakano, kept on glancing at me as she noticed sensei's stare at her but she just smiled wryly when I looked at her.

"Let's first start with introducing our first lesson and after that, we'll have a short evaluation for the class. Don't worry, it's just a review."

Then, the class started. It lasted for more than half an hour and to say that I'm disappointed is an understatement.