Dr. Leen Alhoussan Dedication To Medical Research

Dr. Leen Alhoussan understands the importance of continuing medical research in order to discover new diagnostic and treatment options for diseases. Dr. Leen Alhoussan has already participated in various research initiatives during her brief medical career.

She's worked on ovarian cancer research, for example, a female malignancy with a high fatality rate compared to other cancer kinds. She worked on this study endeavor with Princess Margaret Hospital and the University Health Network in Toronto.

She has also been involved in neurology research initiatives at the University of Ottawa. The goal of the study was to understand more about how the brain works by looking at how the nerves of the central nervous system communicate to regulate various sections of the human body.

She's also collaborated with the University of Ottawa on a kinesiology research project that examines the many movements of the human body, how muscles coordinate with one another, and how the body processes signals to stay synchronized. She has nurtured her interest in research by mastering a variety of new abilities.

She continues to perform research, and is currently studying amputations with the vascular surgery department. Amputation is required for a variety of causes, ranging from catastrophic traumas to chronic sickness. She is a part of the department's audits, which look at amputations above and below the knee. The study examines pain levels after surgery in individuals who were given pregabalin, a typical nerve pain medication.

She's also working on a study that examines patient mortality rates following major abdominal surgery in the hopes of identifying ways to lower complication rates. Finally, she is taking part in a study with diabetic patients. They frequently have foot issues that necessitate surgery. The research looks at surgical success rates. These studies are also being conducted in collaboration with the department of vascular surgery.