eight !

「✧༺♥༻∞」
SIX !
tw// mentions of eating disorders
& depictions of depression
& past trauma
「✧༺♥༻∞」

THEO HAD not left his bed since the party even though it was now two days later. his sisters left meals outside his door but they were never touched, and that worried everyone even more. theo felt mentally lost. he understood that carlton was will's family, but after knowing everything carlton had down to theo he just couldn't understand how will could get comfortable enough with him to tell him something so personal. he felt like that comfortability manifested in the weaknesses of theo and will's relationship. theo felt as if he put his love and trust into the wrong person.

will on the other hand wasn't much better. he kept to himself at school, even ignoring lisa. he waited by the school gates for theo on monday but he didn't show up, which was odd considering theo had never missed a day of school. carlton tried to apologize to will but he was assured that it was not his fault. will felt that since carlton had come forward about his anxiety disorder and drug use that in turn will owed him a secret, so he told him about theo. will regretted it almost immediately although he never mentioned anything to anyone.

will was dying to see theo, and theo would die if he saw will.

will took it upon himself on monday afternoon to go straight from school to theo's house. it was will's birthday tomorrow, and he desperately wanted theo to meet his mother, but more importantly he wanted to be on good terms with his boyfriend, if they even were still boyfriends. the grand door opened with a little girl behind it and an older women running to the door. "i told you not to open the door because you don't know who it could be." it was victoria, theo's step-mother whom loved him very dearly, and who was more protective over theo than his father. "go play." she shooed away the small girl before leaning a hand on the door. "hi will, can you please tell me what you did to theo." will looked down at his feet because he knew she saw right through him. "i told someone who i knew had hurt him about our relationship even though he wants to stay a secret, mainly from that said person." victoria sighed and applied her weight to her right foot, leaning her head against the door. "i'm sure you're sorry, i trust you about that, but theo's a sensitive kid, and he doesn't forgive easily and he certainly doesn't forget. i don't know how this will turn out, but i believe he really loves you and if hes able to forgive anyone it's going to be you. now go apologize."

"yes ma'am." will quickly nodded and made his way through the long hallway and up the stairs. he noticed a plate outside will's door, it was clearly breakfast left untouched. will picked it up quietly and softly knocked on the door. there was no response, but will opened the door, and entered the room. will looked at the bed, where a heap of blankets engulfed the figure of a small man. will placed the plate on his desk, and the silence made theo peak his head out from the covers. a heavy sigh released from his lips and he covered himself back up with the blankets.

will makes his way to the opposite side of the bed and sits down gently to the edge of the bed. theo slowly removed the blanket from his face as he glared at will with a puffy face and tear stained cheeks. the scene broke will's heart as he watched the shorter look at him gently. "why'd you do it?" theo asks as he sits up against the pillows.

"he told me something private and i felt like i owed him. i promise you that i wish i could take it back, i'd do anything to make it up to you." will explains his side and theo's gaze never changes, he listens without interrupting or changing his expression. "do you want to know how i felt? i felt like you never cared about me enough to respect the one thing i asked from you. i felt like i fell in love with the wrong person, you made me feel like an idiot." theo felt tears prick up but he let the anger and sadness release, letting them fall. will wanted nothing more to hold the younger and apologize a thousand times.

and that's exactly what he did. he apologized and let theo cry into his shoulder, blurting out everything he felt and everything he wanted to feel. and in the end theo was so tired from crying he fell asleep in will's arms, weak and frail, but with emotions strong and on his sleeve. will sat there, allowing theo to sleep, even as his legs and hands went tingly and he could no longer feel them. he did it because he loved theo, and he was going to do everything he could to make it up to him.

a/n: shorter chapter bc i have a lot coming up for this book and i want y'all to be prepared.