nine !

「✧༺♥༻∞」
NINE !
tw// mentions of eating disorders
「✧༺♥༻∞」

WITH A heavy heart theo had told will that he needed space. theo broke up with will that afternoon that will showed up and will was very clearly upset about it. theo was also heartbroken, but they needed a restart and he wasn't sure if he could've continued a relationship like nothing happened. of course they decided to stay friends, but it wasn't the same, even lisa had noticed a difference in the way they acted towards each other. will was awkward about it, but he loved theo and still tried to include him in everything. will wanted theo to still come to his birthday and meet his mother. will wasn't out to his mother yet and with the two boys 'on a break' theo would've been introduced as a friend.

will pulled theo to the side during gym and whispered to him, keeping a hand on his lower back. "can you come over tonight? i really want you to meet my mom." theo had given will the most sympathetic look he had ever seen and it broke will's heart, but he persisted. "you can leave right after i promise, she just really wants to meet you."

"alright, i'll come. what time?"

and that's how theo ended up on the doorsteps on will's house pressing the doorbell after nearly running away. the door swung open and he saw will with the same smile he makes when they laugh together, and it had been a little while since he'd seen it. "hi." theo smiled softly, warming will's heart. "hi."

a wave of silence passed between them before will cleared his throat and spoke again. "come in, my mom is dying to meet you." will moves out of the way to let his 'ex'-boyfriend into the house. memories of the last time he was here comes rushing to theo's mind but he is soon is pulled out of his nightmares when will puts a hand on his shoulder. "you okay?" theo softly smiles and nods, now he's okay, he's okay because the one who hurt him is with him.

will guided the latter to the living room where will's mother was speaking to lisa. theo didn't know she'd be here, and he suddenly felt like meeting will's mother was not as important as he made it seem to be.

will called for his mother and she turned around, her smile becoming wide, it was clear that she knew who theo was. theo smiled awkwardly as she approached him and brought him in for a hug. "will has told me so much about you, he never shuts up about you." she laughs and it makes will embarrassed. theo can't help a chuckle escape his lips as she steps back and takes in the young boy. "will says you're very good looking." she whispers, but will hears her and complained. "relax sweetheart, there's no harm in acknowledging someone's looks." she tries to speak again but carlton comes up to her and asks about something that she looks excited to talk about and she walks away with him, carlton mouthing a 'you're welcome'. for once theo is thankful for something carlton has done and he smiles plainly at the boy. "sorry, my mom just says stuff." will apologizes but theo laughs, "what? so you don't actually think i'm cute?" will quickly takes back his words and theo can't help the big smile on his face. "i'm just messing with you." theo only feels this comfortable with will, and for once he feels okay in his own body.

the party goes on and food gets placed on a table. will's mom is quick to make a plate of appetizers for will and theo, giving it them before anyone could get a plate. theo thanks her but he swallows harshly as he looks down at the food, he hadn't thought about the food aspect of the party. will grabs a handful of food off of theo's plate and places it on his own. theo looks up to come face
to face with will's worried eyes. "i'll eat it for you, don't worry."

"thank you." theo said quietly, eyes drifting to his hands in his lap. even though he had lied to will stop the party about his 'eating habits' will knew better. theo knew will was probably very worried for him, but he also knew that it wasn't as easy to eat as people made it seem and he wasn't ready to accept help yet.

although will had told the shorter he could leave and told him maybe it'd be best if he did leave after his mom and his aunt fought theo had stayed. after the altercation both will and carlton had gone to find their mothers which left theo and lisa in a very awkward position. theo had eventually left to go find will and make sure he was okay. he eventually found him on a bench outside and he sat down quietly beside the latter. "i thought you left." will said softly but theo shook his head, "i couldn't leave you like this." his smile and words are soft and will can only sigh and lay his head on the shorter's shoulder. "can you stay tonight please?" will asks gently and theo doesn't hesitate before saying of course.

the two sit silently and their fingers inch closer until eventually their hands are intertwined.

neither of them can see or hear, but vivian and vy watch the two boys from a far distance. "i think they love each other." vy says softly to her sister, "i've never seen will that happy, i'm glad they found one another." vivian says as the two watch theo and will's shoulders shake in laughter.