The professor stopped right in front of them.

"I do not know what is going on between the two of you but let me assure you that my class in not couples therapy!" the teacher yelled, outraged. "Now, for your detention I have something that's suited for each of your abilities..."

Helena and Fred shared confused faces for neither had had detention with the Defense Against the Dark Arts professor, and did not have a clue what they would encounter. 

Moody continued.

"I've heard Mr. Weasley here is a master of mischief, and Miss Rosemund one of the cleverest students in your year, and seeing how you two like creating havoc, I have a small task for you..."

11:42 p.m.

"Don't you think this is a weird detention?" asked Helena, standing just around the corner in one of the hallways, watching for any incoming witnesses.

"Why? Because you're stuck with me?" Fred asked bitterly, back against the brick wall.

"Fred, just stop this-"

"Why didn't you read my letter then?" the redhead's voice cracked. "I thought I would get an answer right away, either good or bad. But not getting any is worse! And then everything got awkward and now I feel like you don't want to be around m-"

"I lost it!" Helena blurted out.

"What?" Fred's voice was barely audible, he did not expect her to say that. "You lost it?"

"Yes, and I can't believe I was stupid enough to do so," the girl said embarrassed. "I had finally found the guts to read the letter when I found out I had lost it. After that, I was too ashamed to tell you. But that was also a wrong move, obviously."

He hates me.

Fred stood there, thinking.

"So, you never read it..." he spoke staring at the floor, realization hitting him. He ran his fingers through his hair, nodding to himself. Fred accidentally grazed her hand while they stood side by side in that hallway, making her blush at the sudden touch, forgetting for a minute the reason why they were there in the first place. Helena's heart was beating fast. To her, it had been a long time since the two spent time together like they did before that night of the Yule Ball, so now, Fred's touch sent sparks up to her spine.

"How could you answer my question then?" he asked himself quietly.

Now he felt bad for getting angry at her. A misunderstanding  that went too far.

How can I keep getting the timing wrong? He thought.

11:45 p.m. on Fred's wristwatch.

"But he'll know!" Helena contradicted the older man. She did not like receiving detention, but what the teacher was suggesting made no sense to her.

"You're clever enough to not be caught, am I right?" Professor Moody grunted, looking down at the student. "Create a distraction at exactly 11:45 tonight, just outside the Potions classroom and leave as soon as you do. Someone will take care of the rest," he ordered.

"I'm not good at distractions, but I can get us out of here quick!" Helena told the boy.

"Guess I'll make the first move," he said ironically. "Brought some Dung Bombs, patent pending."

He took out a small rock from his pocket. Helena guessed it was a new Weasley Wizard Wheezes product he had worked on while they were not talking. Fred threw the rock at the Potion's classroom door and when it contacted it, a loud thud was heard as a thick curtain of smoke began to fill the area they were at.