He Might Be The One

Start from the beginning

"Aren't they going to see everything on the security cameras?"

"Those aren't real—and I checked after I got back. It's just a fake red flashing light and motion sensor lights."

"Very safe," he whispered, kissing her deeply. He groaned when he laid back on her bed, throwing an arm over his face. "Yeah, no. I'd rather sleep."

"Told you," she said in a sing-song, kissing his cheek.

Betty's eyes widened when she heard footsteps coming up the stairs, jumping up out of the bed. "Get up," she whispered to Jughead who squinted. "Get up."

"What?" She groaned and grabbed his arm. "Okay, fine," he mumbled, furrowing his brows as she shoved his clothes in his hands and pushed him into the closet.

"Don't say anything." She shut the doors and hurried back to her bed, picking up a random book and trying to make it look like she was reading. The door opened and she lifted her head, smiling. "Morning."

"Elizabeth," he stated like he was a business partner. "What are you doing?"

"What do you mean? I'm reading."

"I heard footsteps."

"I did have to walk across my room to get the book, dad."

"Don't talk to me like that," he scolded, opening the closet doors. Jughead froze and held his breath, watching her dad's hand reach towards him. "Where are they?"

"Where's who? There's nobody here."

"Don't make me look stupid."

"Oh, my God. You seriously think I'm going to sneak somebody in here? I'm twenty-one, I don't have to do that anymore." Silence followed before Hal huffed, leaving her room and slamming the door. Betty opened the doors and he sighed, dropping his head back against the wall.

"I am way too old for that. Last time that happened to me I was seventeen and her dad actually caught me so at least I know I've improved."

"Or the closet just got bigger," she shrugged, and he chuckled. "I'm so sorry."

"You're good, it's not your fault," he whispered, kissing the top of her head. "Is he going to come back?"

"No. He's not going to speak to me for the rest of the day because he's upset that I lied. Or upset that he thinks I'm lying but I'm not lying even though I actually am lying-"

"Shut up," he laughed, kissing her deeply. She sighed and pulled back, resting her forehead against his chest. "What's up?"

"My dad is listening," she exhaled, rolling her eyes. "We can't... not until he leaves."

"When's that?"

She looked over her shoulder at the alarm clock on her nightstand, saying, "Hour and a half. Can you wait that long?"

"Can we go back to bed and can you not wake me up to tell me to hide in the closet?"

She hissed through her teeth, whispering, "Maybe." He growled and she grinned, kissing the corner of his mouth.

Jughead stared at the tattoo as Betty smoothed the shampoo from her hair. He chewed on his cheek and squinted at it, still not sure if it was real or not—even if she had confirmed the fact with him.

"I know we've had this conversation before," he started, and she tilted her head slightly to hear him better. "But have you thought about getting more tattoos?"

"Um, I don't know. Maybe. I haven't given it much thought since the first time you asked. Do you think I should?" she asked playfully, turning around to face him.