Chapter 2

Beep, beep, beep.

lisa opened her eyes when she heard the sound of someone entering the password to the door lock. She turned her head and looked out the window and saw that it was dawn. She stumbled out of the room and saw Jungkook leaning against the wall in front of the front door. When he saw her, his eyes narrowed into a smile.

"You drank liquor? At this time?"

lisa approached him and supported him as she asked. He had started out as a model just like her. He was a lot taller than her, and his shoulders were a lot wider, so it wasn't easy helping him inside.

"Yeah."He looked forward and answered succinctly.

"Then you should have gone to your own house to rest."

"That's what I was planning to do, but it looks like I came here out of habit. Our password is the same, so I only realized it when I came inside."

So he was telling her that he came by mistake. As if this was just a mere accident. When she heard those words, her heart dropped. However, Lisa didn't show it.

"Did I wake you?" Jungkook asked as he took off his coat. His coat still felt cold from the winter air. Feeling the tips of her fingers grow cold, she clenched then against her palms.

"Yeah."

"Sorry."

"That's okay."

The emotionless conversation continued. Jungkook naturally walked past her and made his way to the master bedroom. He didn't turn on the lights because he already knew where everything was. No, his movements were cautious, almost as if he didn't turn on the lights so that no one could see inside. After tossing his coat onto a nearby chair, he began to take off his clothes.

lisa watched his back as he went through the motions.

Turn around and let me see your face.

She suppressed those words and said something else instead.

"Who did you drink with?"

"The drama director and the staff."

"What about NaYeon-ssi?"

"She was there too."

"......"

He answered carelessly. When lisa didn't say anything back, he turned around.

The black hair falling down his forehead. The sleek eyes underneath. Those closed lips that had nothing more to say.

He seemed so unfamiliar today as he stood in front of the window at dawn.

"I saw the scandal." lisa spoke quietly.

"Ah, uh... It's nothing. Scandals happen just by being next to someone."

"Okay."

"NaYeon is just a colleague. I have no interest in her. You know that, right?" Jungkook spoke absentmindedly. Rather than the fact that he called her a colleague, Lisa honed in on the fact that he had called her 'NaYeon'.

"...Yeah." lisa answered off-beat. She knew that Jungkook had no interest in NaYeon.

But still, wasn't it strange that they were always involved in scandals together? NaYeon might be interested in him. However, lisa couldn't say anything. Because she didn't know enough about his matters to speak about them.

"All right. I'm going to go wash a bit. I only have four hours to sleep before I have to head out again." He didn't wait for an answer as he began to walk over to the bathroom.