2༄𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙃𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙯𝙤𝙣

Start from the beginning

"I really do want Whitebeard to help me," she mumbled under her breath, but just loud enough for the blond to hear her. "I'm looking for my Sun."

"You have a son!?" The phoenix exclaimed, jumping to his feet with a ridiculous look. He had stupidly said it a bit too loudly, which caught the attention of his other crewmates, including a certain young man with black hair. At his outburst, her face quickly flushed in embarrassment of the stares.

"No I don't have a son, you idiot! I'm talking about the giant ball of fire, and it's a metaphor." She rolled her eyes to the ground once again. She glanced back at the pineapple head, who still looked confused. The woman sighed, as if she's explained this over a million times. Repeating herself more than once had always irked her.

"It means I want to find my other half." She didn't feel embarrassed about explaining her simple goal. And she wouldn't describe it as looking for a lover, she would describe it as finding her soulmate whether it be platonic or romantic she didn't give a single flying fuck about.  Her collective eyes started to admire the Sun that started to dip in the horizon, painting the skies from orange to purple with the Moon rising in the distance. It always made her heart swell in glee, whenever seeing the Sun ad Moon in the same sky. It gave her hope, knowing there would be somebody by her side like them even after millions of years.

"But why ask Pops out of all the people in the sea, yoi?" He rose his pencil thin eyebrow while looking at the woman. She simply shrugged in response, eyes still glued in the distance. The phoenix followed her stare, also admiring the horizon where the sea and sky meet. He's seen in countless of times, and today he didn't see anything different.

"You're looking in the wrong direction." He heard her say with a monotone voice. "Look up." And he did. Something he didn't expect stared back at him. The stars looked back at his beady black eyes, and it was like there was nothing else. Amongst the thin red clouds, he could see white dots scattered in a messy pattern that seemed like a piece of art. It was like the stars were only meant for them two, staring deep into their souls and grasping their heart. The stowaway softly chuckled at the silence after her comment.

As night finally settled along with more clouds. Only a select few stars peeked out of the wisps, but the Moon still illuminated the seas. The pineapple man left without another word while pushing himself off the railing with hands in his pocket. He left her there under the starry, no healing, no key to her hand cuffs, and no other words exchanged. His mind was buzzing at her simple words, and it confused him. She simply looked up while admiring the stars that waltz in the sky.

Hours passed by like minutes to her as the entire Whitebeard crew fell into their hammocks asleep. There was complete silence besides the sound of susuration from the waves and low breathing. Despite all the events that happened in a single day, her eyes didn't feel so heavy. And of course she didn't mind one bit.

Insomnia has always been her best friend. The feeling of exhaustion riddling through ones whole body, but the mind's "refusal" of sleep. She didn't want medications for this. She didn't want to fix her sleep schedule. And she didn't want nor need anybody to help her. She enjoyed staying awake, despite feeling tired. Her highest record of not sleeping was about two months.

As she continued to stare into the endless sky, two heavy pairs of steps approached her. They watched as her blank and unreadable stare kept pointing to the stars.

Whitebeard and Ace stood in front if the woman who was bound to the ship. Her legs curled up to her chest as an attempt to ignore the oceans frigid and harsh winds like every night. Whitebeard should have been in bed, but he snuck out of his nurse's chokehold just to see the woman with horns. Along with Ace, who was supposed to be in the crowd nest as night watching duty. They both silently watched her every breath, how her muscular shoulders slowly rose up and down.