CHAPTER 35| One Year Later

Start from the beginning

Gui Mie clenched his hand tightly when he heard that. Bibi Dong didn't have any right at all to utter such a disgusting name to refer to Li Ling and to make such a claim!  He would never molest a child,he had his morals.

It took everything in the shadow man not to say something that would jeopardize everything that has been planned.

So sinking his teeth into his tongue to even draw out blood in an effort to suppress his anger he spoke.

"Your holiness,I would never do such a thing. Li Ling is gone and I could care less about his son." Complete and total lie. Everything he said was a big lie but the supreme pontiff of Martial Soul Hall did not have to know that.

Bibi Dong looked at the man that was on his knees with analysing eyes that felt so heavy the shadow man could fell it weighing him down.

"You may go now Gui Mie...... and this time I expect good news." He left as soon as she dismissed him but if she could see the man's eyes she would probably be dead and gone.

Gui Mie would never allow the woman to cut the boy down to get the boy's soul ring. That would bring only chaos, even he knew that.

"Lixue we have talked about this. We just need to stick to the plan. You need to reach level fifty before you even think of going back to your friends." That made Lixue eyes narrow in frustration.

"I'm already at level forty-five, and quiet frankly I don't see how becoming a soul king will help me defeat that woman." Lixue found out that the 'Tang Hao' that had kidnapped him was not actually in him but in reality it was in fact a woman who wanted nothing but to kill him, even though he didn't know for what reason since the shadow man that had also abducted him against his will wouldn't tell him much about himself.

Yeah he felt it too. He was like a living, walking Please Kidnap Me sign.

Gui Mie let a pain cried as he moved to look at the white haired boy form where he sat. "Lixue I know this is frustrating but it is the only way to ensure your safety. You can meet them soon, you just have five more level to pass okay."

Lixue was really getting tired of hearing that but he kept his mouth shut just going back to looking outside the window still fondling with his butterfly pendant. Soon he could meet everyone again.

Gui Mie sighed, he could see how the boy always played with the butterfly necklace around his neck and the way his eyes longed for something or in actuality someone.

Lixue was in love with Tangsan and as much as he hated to admit it, they couldn't be together.

No matter how strong their love was it would only hurt them but then again true love was something rare that only few people found in their life time so who was he to ruin any of that.

He looked at the boy who was now communicating with some birds and found a crooked smile worm up into his lips. It may be true that he couldn't save Li Ling but he would do anything to protect the love of his life's son.

Even if it meant giving up his life.
___________________________________________

Shrek School had managed to rebuild everything within half a year and the forest had also been able to grow back due to the aid of the healer.

What happened a year ago being nothing but a bad memory to most and a nightmare to some, mostly Ji.

He had become really hostile to everyone mostly Wu, almost never leaving his room and always wallowing in the past. The mark of it always being evident in his missing left hand.