"That's a curious spell, [Y/N]-kun. Are you perhaps in the New Magic Battler?" He asks as he walks over, looking at the books that are neatly sorted. "I'm not in any Battler, sensei. Also, I am doing this for an assignment." You say, and he looks more curious "Assignment? Who would give one where you have to come up with a spell?". "Kalego-sensei did. It's something about seeing my limits, I was given notes and told to choose three spells. One I learn from the notes, other I try to do from what Kalego-sensei saw and wrote down and the last one is just a spell idea from which I have to come up with a spell to do it. I present these in six days." You say, and his eyes go wide. "Six days? Three spells? Come up with one and copy another? That's a lot." He says, getting dizzy from it himself. "I have the one from the notes ready, this is the one I have to come up with. As for the one which I should copy, I don't have the materials for it yet." You say sheepishly, scratching your neck and looking away. "What do you need? Maybe I have something." He says, kneeling beside you. "I'll need a small magical beast for it since it's this one." You say, showing him the notes and pointing to the spell. "Oh. This looks hard, influencing someone's mind is harder than most spells. It's probably a bloodline ability... You shouldn't overwork yourself." He thinks out loud, then looks at you. "I think I can do it, sensei. Plus, learning something like this will only be useful." You smile at him, and the Oracle laughs as the gentle giant gives in. You both make your way to his cabinet where he goes through the boxes, one of which has jars with small magical beasts. He hands you one with a frog, the very same species you learned to use the appearance changing spell on in basic magic class. "Thank you, I'll be careful with it." You say, safely putting it away in your bag.

"Hey, [Y/N]-kun, what Battler are you thinking of joining?" He asks suddenly, his eyes set somewhere on the wall as he doesn't look at you. "Hmm? I'm not thinking of joining any." You reply, which gets him riled up for some reason. "Why?! It's important to spend time with others your age, especially at this point in your development! There has to be something you would be interested in... Maybe the New Magic Battler?" He says rather energetically. Your eyes widen a bit, and you chuckle. "No, if I am coming up with something I need to be free of distractions like other demons. I'm also not interested in history of the missing Demon King or many things, really..." You say, looking away. Balam doesn't waver and speaks up "Then how about we look for a Battler you would like together? I got my duties finished and today is the main day so battlers will show off everything they have.". You blush a bit as having him come along with you to check out the festival could make you look like you have no friends whatsoever to the demons around, but thanks to Balam's intimidating reputation it shouldn't be so bad. The Oracle grins and moves into your vision "Go with him, it's a date". You blush a bit more and look away, but nod to the offer. "Let's go." You confirm more, and Balam-sensei leads you out to the event.

It's more impressive than yesterday since students are less focused on spending time with their family and more on impressing first years into joining. You also have a bunch of free space in comparison to others as others avoid Balam for his scary looks. "How about we start with the performers?" You suggest and he agrees. There are way too many things to count; the Circus Battler from yesterday, the Underwater Circus Battler and the Magic Beast Battle Battler... You go to check out the Underwater Circus Battler, but the place is way too full. You can't see anything, and as you tiptoe to see better, you feel two large hands on your sides and are lifted up by Balam who then sets you on his shoulders. "Better?" He asks as he looks up at you, the way his fluffy hair cushions your legs strangely comfortable. "Y-Yes." You say, you can see way better from all the way up here. Balam is a giant in comparison to a normal demon, so you have the best seat in the house. As he holds you by the knees, you set your hands on his head so it's not awkward and try to focus on the performance, failing spectacularly. You're sitting on him and have his head against your stomach, you can't help but blush a little, blind to Balam's happy expression. As you fight with yourself to pay attention to what's going on before you, the Oracle at your side quietly smiles. You can't see them staring into the crowd at a very familiar purple haired teacher whose eyes are glued on you. His brows are strangely tense, furrowed as if he's being asked to work overtime.

Following watching the performance you and Balam-sensei go look at the more practical Battlers, New Magic Battler included. He's quick to notice you're disinterested in what's before you and does his best to look for all sorts of Battlers to try and find something you like. "[Y/N]-kun, what about this one?" Balam says, suddenly grabbing your hand and pulling you along to a Battler about baking pastries. "They look good, but baking is beyond me." You say, shyly scratching your neck with the hand he just let go of. His eyes light up in realization, and he puts his palm before himself and gently slams his fist into it in a gesture of realization, looking rather happy "How about I teach you something? I'm not bad at baking.". Your eyes visibly light up at his offer, your sudden look into his eyes flustering him a bit. "You'd do that?" You ask, your neutral expression betrayed by your tone and the way your eyes gleam. "Of course!" He replies quickly, looking away from you with his ears a bit pink before you speak up. "Balam-sensei, that'll be more fun than the Battlers we came across.". Balam looks at you for a moment, then looks around himself to see who is around and after that he gently takes your hand, leading you from the crowd. You're puzzled but follow. "Where are we going?" "Just to talk in private."

You make your way out of the event, through the garden and into one of the buildings where you're led to a classroom Balam is definitely familiar with. You look around for the Oracle for guidance, but as they show to your left they put their finger to their lips. "[Y/N]-kun, I'd like to discuss something with you if that's okay." Balam says, standing in front of you and nervously playing with his gloved fingers. "Of course." You smile reassuringly. You're nervous, but you know he wouldn't hurt you. If anything, he dotes on you. "To be honest, I'm curious about you. I know you proved your trust for me by showing me your back and that I shouldn't ask more, but..." He says, growing more and more meek before quickly doing a 90° bow. "[Y/N]-kun, may I please study your condition?" He asks in an official manner, sending your mind into overdrive. Just as you are about to reply, the door bursts open and in comes Kalego-sensei with his ever-present shadow called Robin-sensei. "What's going on here?" He demands, his gaze moving from you to Balam and back to you. You noticed Balam-sensei is flustered from the intrusion on a moment so delicate and the strength to talk is leaving him every passing second, so you step in. "Kalego-sensei, we were discussing a personal matter regarding my condition." You say, the fact that you are standing up for Balam and explaining what's going on without saying anything more accurate is giving you the courage needed to speak so openly about it even in front of Robin-sensei whom you don't know much about. Your words stun the strict purple-haired teacher as he looks at you both again. "I-I see. I'm sorry for the intrusion. We'll wait outside." He says, grabbing Robin by the shoulder and dragging him out, shutting the door on his way out. The Oracle sets their own hand on your shoulder, whispering "He's here to tell Balam off for acting so close to a student – Well, more like getting close to you. Don't worry, Balam won't budge in your case – if you agree to let him study us. I don't mind as long as you don't tell him there's two of us in this body of yours.". Digesting all this information, you turn to Balam who looks at you with a gaze that's a mix of admiration for telling Kalego off and nervousness of your decision, ready to hear your judgement. You blush a bit as you realize his hands will be inevitably inside you if you agree, but that's a part of entertaining his curiosity. "Balam-sensei, as long as you promise to be careful, I agree to your proposal." You declare. "Of course! I wouldn't even suggest something like this if I wouldn't be!" He says, his eyes lighting up as he walks over, his mood lifting "Then how about you come to my cabinet after classes at the start of next week? We'll discuss it further and could begin- Oh, and please start documenting your diet from now on!". You're nervous from all this but seeing him like this makes you laugh. It's endearing how excited he is. He smiles in response, and the two of you then leave the classroom and get to Kalego who waits there with Robin who's asking him stuff.

Kalego looks annoyed, but this time instead of staring at you he just spares you a glance and focuses on Balam. "Balam-kun, let's talk. [Y/N]-kun, you're free to go." He says, and you awkwardly nod before leaving for the outside. It's still some time until midnight despite being dark out, but you're without a goal in mind. On Oracle's suggestion you make your way to the courtyard where the countdown will be and wait. There's announced some sort of game about invisible barriers in the school and that there goal is the courtyard. You don't really care, and the Oracle is also calm, so you sit by the wall and wait. As time passes you wonder why Kalego would go so far as to find where the two of you were to tell Balam off... The clock nears midnight and almost everyone counts down with the clock, but you keep your eyes to the sky and wish for your and Balam's agreement to go well, while also wishing for Kalego to be impressed with what you and Oracle are cooking up. "Don't worry, those things will come true." The Oracle says as suddenly a firework in the sky goes off, it's light dazzling you and the demon world as it's the first time one went off in the underworld.