three

"Psst!"

Wyatt raised his head, bumping it over his opened drawer, wincing as he placed a hand on top of it and looked around, "Merlins.." he grumbled, closing the drawers he was organising.

"Psst!"

Wyatt looked around, squinting at the door. "Seriously..." he sighed.

"Psst!"

"Oh for fucks sake!" he cried.

Chuckles and laughter erupted and Wyatt panicked, what the hell? He pulled out his wand and panicked, began pointing it in the air, like a mad man.

The laughter only bursted as his wand pointed once more to his door, a hand suddenly appearing without the rest of its body.

"GREAT HEAVENS?!" He yelled, confused but scared.

Then he realised, "What the—"

James pulled down the invisible cloak and erupted in laughter. Wyatt was less than impressed, if he could he would've hexed him right there as he fell to his knees in laughter. "Oh..God..ha.. you should've seen your face!"

"Haha, funny Potter." Wyatt spat.

James calmed himself down and stood up, "Wyatt, would you like to come and join a party?"

Wyatt scoffed, "You are a prefect."

"So?" James leaned onto the door frame.

"So? You shouldn't be partying."

"Ach, come on, Wyatt. Don't be like that." He grinned.

"I'm serious, James. Marianne might consider you as a friend now but I don't." He sneered, "So don't get any ideas that from now on I'd say yes to you and the lot."

"You're boring," James sighed, "Oh well, the party's just a welcoming party for the first years, I just wanted to play a trick on you. Everyone's to be coming." James shrugged, a smile still on his lips.

Wyatt just stared at him unimpressed. James pouted a bit, "Marianne must be someone so special that she manages to keep you tame. I know that look Wyatt, you're being nicer than expected towards me because of a certain brunette." and with a flash of a cheeky grin, James Potter left Wyatt on his own to think about his words.

It's true. If it weren't for Marianne accepting their acquaintances, he would've hexed them already for making her uncomfortable. He wonders why that is. He hums and shrugged, grabbing his Gryffindor sweater on his bed to wear before leaving the dorm.

Marianne was the perfect mixture of strict and kindness, to Peter. He curiously watched her help the first years to their dorm, and tell other Gryffindors what goes where and what does not go where.

It's their 5th year in Hogwarts, two years left pf hogwarts and it made Peter's stomach drop that he would be graduating without ever confessing his love to get some sort or closure. Or atleast getting on with her.

But earlier, he had thought the sudden secret being spilled because of Sirius' big mouth would being him peace because, well... that's what he wanted, right? For Marianne to know that he likes her. But why does he suddenly feel more deeply in love than wanted.

Marianne had came out of her room dressed in something comfy. Her Gryffindor sweater over her flared jeans.

Seeing the party livelier as ever, the first years do have a curfew though, checking her wrist watch, still 3 hours away anyway.

She made her way to the table with drinks and food for the night, grabbing a cup of pumpkin juice and sipping it as she awkwardly stood alone by the side lines.

She wondered where Wyatt is, and with the crowd, she can't make up who is who.

She sighed but felt a tall figure stand next to her, and she looked up to see it was no other than Peter.

"Hi." she smiled sweetly.

"Hi." Peter raised his palms as if to wave but only stayed that way. Marianne giggled, "How's the party so far?"

"It's..well, it's Great fun." he chuckled.

"Good." she smiled.

another awkward silence engulfed them.

"Wanna go somewhere-"
"Wanna get out of here-"

The two looked at each other with bewilderment before bursting into fits of laughter.

"Wanna go somewhere?" He then asked. "Yes, sure." She grinned, "But we need to be back by 9, I need to escort the first years back to their dorm, and...curfew." she shrugged shyly.

"Oh, of- of course." Peter smiled softly that made her stomach turn. "James, actually is in our dorm, with the others so if you were searching for them..." Peter shyly scratched his neck, head hung low so she can hear him as he is quite taller than her as the two walk together, squeezing away from the crowd.

A few giggles escape her mouth as he frantically begged 'excuse me' to the 5th and 7th years who could not care less as they just want to dance and party even if it was a welcome party not for them.

She held his bicep in fear to stray away from him in the crowd and he was red from the touch but eased up.

the two chattered about the 5th years Marianne had caught on a full make-out scene that she politely asked to stop or a detention will be sent to them as punishment.

"In public!" he chuckled, she adored his facial features more as he chattered nonsense, but her eyes then moved to see what he was wearing, the soft fabric of his striped sweater he wore under long sleeves, the collar of it showing.

She looked up to see he has caught her eyes. She froze, unable to look away and he too was mesmerised and froze.

It was only Wyatt's voice that broke the tension. The two of then looked back to see Wyatt standing there, impatiently. He eyed Peter suspiciously before looking at Marianne and smiling weakly.

"Where are you two going?" He asked.

Marianne looked at Peter then at Wyatt, "A different kind of party." she giggled and grabbed Wyatt's arm before he can protest that they should be back to the welcome party as her job as Prefect is to watch and control the chaos rather than escape it.