The Halloween Feast

There was excited chatter coming from all over the castle. Students from the younger years would be wandering about the school whispering about how the older years had allegedly said that the Halloween Feast had one of the biggest and best buffets of the year. There was no denying that everyone was highly anticipating the grand feast that would take place that evening.

  While everyone was ecstatic about the feast, Isabella was not nearly as excited as her peers. She was more stressed out about the "distraction" that was going to happen in the middle of it. Her father had replied to her most recent letter that she sent through Severus about the supposed three-headed dog that was inhabiting the third floor corridor. He had praised her for her discovery but warned her to be careful of the creature and stay well away from the "distraction" that was going to happen that night. The Slytherin couldn't stop thinking about what was going to happen and if she was being honest, she was slightly afraid. Not for herself, if something came her way she would just kill it but she was scared for new friends. And Draco. She knew her father wouldn't do something that could hurt Draco 'cause he knew how important he was to her but still. What if there was an accident? What if things got out of control and Draco got in the middle of the crossfire? What if-

"Miss Rosier! Will you stop daydreaming and answer the question? This is the fifth time I've asked you."scolded McGonagall in a stern tone. Some of the students giggled but was silenced with one look from the Transfiguration Professor.

"Apologies, Professor. Would you mind repeating the question? I didn't sleep very well last night."replied Isabella in a sweet tone. McGonagall sighed before pushing her spectacles up her nose and answering"Yes, but please do get some proper rest Miss Rosier. This chapter is very important and will be on your quiz next week! Now, can you demonstrate to the class how to turn your match into a needle?"questioned the professor with a displeased frown hanging at the edge of her lips.

  Isabella took out her wand, waved it and effortlessly transfigured the match into a small silver needle. A small twitch of McGonagall's lips had told her that she'd done a perfect job."Perfect, Miss Rosier. You see, class? You wand movement very much determines your success with the spell. Now watch my wand and follow what I'm doing."instructed the teacher and the rest of the class followed suit, picking ip their wands and making lousy attempts at casting the spell.

  The girl felt a nudge at her leg and turned to see Draco looking at her concerned. He scribbled something on a small piece of parchment and folded it up before handing it to Isabella.

Are you alright? You seem distracted, did someone do someone?

  Isabella smiled, touched by Draco's worrying. She gently shook her head to indicate that she was fine. Draco raised a suspicious brow at her before turning back to listen to McGonagall's lecture.

Not long after, the bell rang and one by one the students clambered out of the classroom eager to finally get a break. On her way out, Isabella felt a calloused hand grab her arm to pull her away and she didn't resist knowing exactly who it was. The hand pulled him to the side of the hallway away from the sea of students who were all looking for their friends to hang out with for break. The Slytherin turned around to look at her blond haired friend and gave him a questioning glance. Draco Malfoy looked back at her incredulously.

  "Okay Izzy, stop. I know you well enough to tell when something is bothering you. What's wrong? Are you mad at me?"questioned the blonde.

  Isabella didn't bother to act like nothing was going on, instead she grabbed his hand and pulled him up the stairs all the way to the room of requirement.

  While Draco was still marvelling at the magical room, Isabella sat down on one of the sofas in the room and waited for the Malfoy heir to stop gaping. Once he seemed to pull some semblance of a calm front he eyed his fellow Slytherin with a questioning glare. The black haired girl started explaining the letter her father sent and the supposed "distraction" that was taking place at the feast this evening.