"And why the hell not?"

"It's none of his business Drea that's why, I don't have to explain my next move to anyone, let alone my ex."

"That's true to a certain extent, but at the same time it's like you're straddling the fence— if you didn't still have some type of feelings for Cam, would you have told him about August? Or are you sparing his feelings because you're still in love?"

Laurielle laughed in disbelief, "Wow Drea, it's interesting to me that you feel like you know everything to it's entirety."

"Answer the question, because if you don't be honest you'll just be proving my point. Besides Cameron is a snake, and I wouldn't put anything past him. You need to get out of your heart and get in your head when it comes down to him, he'll play coy and then put the knife right into your back again, I know his type because I've dealt with men like him for years."

Laurielle knew that Andrea meant no harm, and she'd never steer her wrong.

"I apologize if I came off a bit harsh, but you already know how I am about you— I told you in the past and I'm going to tell you again, be careful." she then leaned over the counter pulling Laurielle in for a hug "I love you so much, don't ever forget that okay?"

"Okay." she whispered while clinging on to Andrea tighter, she felt weak in a sense and savored the strength exuding from her cousin,

Later that evening Laurielle had decided to have a sit down with Cameron, obviously some things needed to be discussed. And while certain situations didn't necessarily need closure, she felt it was necessary for this matter.

The two of them sat in silence in her living room, her posture a bit slouched, her knees driven into her chest with eyes towards the floor, while he sat confidently— his fingers were laced together almost in a negotiating manner.

"This can't continue, I said I was over it but the truth is I'm really not. It'll take a little more time and I'm completely fine with that, I have to accept this fate. We have to close this chapter in our lives, start fresh, and keep pushing. I've suffered long enough and I'm tired Cameron..."

"You can't even look me in the eyes, and say you don't want this— because it's not true Lauri. We are destined to be together, and I know I made a few mistakes but I've learned from them. Couples go through hardships all the time, especially the married ones."

"That's the thing though Cam, we aren't married." she finally looked into his eyes "We couldn't even make it down the freaking aisle, that alone proves to me that we don't belong together."

"But I love you,"

"There's no doubt in my mind about that, it's just that your actions said otherwise. I'd never do what you did to me, to anyone."

"All I'm asking for is another chance please, I can do so much better Lauri. I apologize for hurting you I really do, I can't lose you."

"I've got to do what's best for Laurielle, I've placed you on this pedestal for long enough. It almost cost me my life Cameron, and that's the part you're not understanding." stray tears began streaming down her face as she spoke "I could've died all because of a broken heart, I couldn't battle this hurt on my own so I turned to prescribed medications."