He scooted toward Maria, his eyes looking at Steve and Sam's location nearing the Helicarrier. "All good?" he asked the agent, making her turn her head to him giving him a nod.

Jamie frowned at his last words, leaving her dumbfounded. She looked around the dark room, her eyes squinted at the sudden change in the air, making her chest feel heavy. Closing the crate and strapping the sack on her shoulder, she brandished a sword and walked forward.

Silence engulfed the room and she could no longer hear the beeping monitors and the sounds of muffled shouts from SHIELD agents. The only sound she could make out was her own breath, breathing heavily and shallowly.

Jamie's scleras turned dark. Deep and gnarly veins writhed underneath her eyes and she gripped on her weapon, the sword beaming with energy at the sudden change of atmosphere. The room felt humid, the stifling air making her almost suffocate from the heat flooding around her.

The sound of something breaking made Jamie snap her head towards the sound. Jamie's eyes watered and she blinked, squinting her eyes from her slightly hazy vision. She angled her sword and made a run for it. She frowned once she saw the crate open, the same one she was looking at earlier.

A beam of energy sped towards the Heroine and she dashed forwards, grabbing her sword to block the wave. She gasped with surprise, noticing a pure canary energy at the periphery of her vision. She lowered her weapon and stood straight, the haze disappearing in the process revealing the short brunette.

Jamie froze, her eyebrows raised as she watched her longtime friend in front of her. "Anna?" she voiced her confusion, looking at the sorcerer.

Anna's eyes turned to their original color and the briskly energy flexing around her palms disappeared. She blinked, meeting her best friend's face. She gasped and launched herself into her arms, hugging the woman tightly into her arms. "Milla, oh my god! I'm so sorry! I thought someone stole our case. It was open so I assumed there was a thief lurking around, and I- oh my god it's so good to see you." she rambled, squeezing her tighter.

Jamie let out a soft laugh, her heart warming at the sight of her friend. She hugged her tight and sighed contently. "I'm so happy that you're okay. I've been so worried, I-I thought HYDRA took you." she fretted, her heart thumping against her chest at her last words.

Anna pulled away, giving her a grin. "No, I got away before it happened. I was actually searching for our crate, but by the looks of it, it's safe and sound with you," she told her, pointing at her sack.

Jamie nodded, "Yeah, I got it. Everything about H.R.N. is in this bag. I have so much to tell you, Annie." she said, her laughs echoing around the room.

The sorcerer giggled, her eyes wrinkling from the wide smile etched onto her features. As she was about to say something, Elijah interrupted their sweet reunion. "Girls, I'm loving the reunion, but this place is going to blow up in 5 minutes. Save it for later," he said through her earpiece.

Jamie cursed, looking at Anna. "We need to leave. This place is gonna be in ruins pretty soon," she told her, placing her sword back on her holster and leading them out of the room.

Anna gasped and grabbed onto her bicep. "Is it Elijah? Hi, Lijah!" the sorcerer yelled through her earpiece, making Jamie flinch and gave her a look, which she sheepishly smiled at.

"C'mon. It's this way."

__________

"Barzinji, status?" Maria said through her earpiece, looking at the computer.

The duo ran through the damaged Triskelion. The two encountered some trouble along the way, which they gracefully handled. Anna sent a massive shockwave towards a few HYDRA agents, instantly killing them. Jamie used her swords and formed a protective barrier to prevent the bullets from hitting them.

Jamie grunted at the pressure from the barrier, feeling her energy slowly draining. She looked at the windows, noticing a Helicarrier nearing them. "We're nearing the exit, tell Natasha to make a turn," she yelled through her pants and quick breathing.

The Helicarier came in contact with the Triskelion, damaging the quarter. The girls ran faster and slid under a bridge. Anna huffed in annoyance as she stepped inside the upper floor. "Please, tell me they got the copter flying." she wheezed, glancing at Jamie.

"Jamie, where are you?" Natasha's voice filling inside her earbud.

Jamie gasped for air, feeling her legs sore. I'm so out of shape. She thought. Her friend beat her to it, "39th floor, north-west corner!" the sorcerer shouted, sprinting towards an open gate.

Natasha's lip curved upwards at the sound of the short brunette. "We're on it, stay where you are."

"Not an option!" Jamie managed to croak out, feeling her lungs on fire. With heavy leaden feet, the duo tried desperately to get away from the destruction the Helicarrier was causing to the building. As the building was tearing down, they jumped out of the window as Natasha and Fury flew their chopper in time to catch them.

Anna and Jamie hit the hard floor from the chopper, their bodies colliding as they tumbled over the chopper with a squeal. A pair of hands hoisted Jamie away from the broken door, almost leading her to another fall. She threw her head back and collapsed into Elijah's arms.

"Good job." She heard him say, and she closed her eyes. She was panting heavily and she could feel a reign of exhaustion hit her body.

"39th floor! 39th!" Anna whined, her grip tightening around Sam's arm as he helped her up to her feet. She let out a wheeze, feeling her heart pounding loudly against her chest.

Fury looked at the duo. "It's not like they put the floor numbers on the outside of the building!" he argued, his eyes back on the wheel.

"Hill, where's Steve? You got a location on Rogers?" Natasha shouted through her mic, leading them away from the damaged quarter.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

AUTHOR'S NOTE.

We're nearing the end, folks! I just wanna say thank you once again for taking time and reading. Your support means a lot and motivates me. <3