Chapter 5: A Class Escape

Start from the beginning

Later on, Briar and the others are at their next class. Second Period: History of Magic. The group sits down at the row desks and are ready for the course.

The instructor they see is not like the first one. He has the appearance of a tall elderly man with small gray eyes and graying, neatly combed-back hair. He wears a standard black suit beneath long maroon robes. Attached to his collar is a white jabot, which is tied off with a turquoise-colored pendant. He comes off very stern-looking and unapproachable.

With him is a chubby, black long-hair with a white muzzle and golden eyes. He has white patches of fur at his chest and at the tip of his tail.

The instructor says, "I am your History of Magic teacher, Mozus Trein. And this is my familiar, Lucius. You are here to learn the rich history of magic, and how it has sculpted the world which you now so easily take for granted.

The cat, Lucius meows, "Mrrrrooowww..."

"I grade based on classroom behavior as well as the quality of work. Don't let me catch you sleeping," Trein says. "Now, let us open our books to page fifteen. This section concerns the magestones discovered in the Dwarfs' Mine..."

Lucius meows once more, "Mrrrrooowww..."

Everyone brings out their books and turns the page to the page the instructor says.

Trein has the book on the page and says, "As knowledge and awareness of magical energy began to spread across the globe from this point, this year is considered Year One of the Magic Era."

"Mrrrrooowww..." Lucius meows and lets out a yawn.

Ace yawns as well

Reading the book, Deuce says, "Fascinating... 'Dwarfs' Mine'... Mhm, mhm... 'magical energy'...

"Maaan... When do we get to the classes where we blow stuff up with magic?" Grim questions.

"I'm sure we will eventually, but it does seem we'll have to learn a few things before we can use more magic," Briar says.

Sereia whispers to Briar, "Hey Briar, do you think this can help us learn more about that monster that attacked us in the mine."

"I'm not sure. I'm not even sure if that thing was in the mine to begin with," Briar questions.

Sereia nods her head in reply. Briar turns her head to see Tanzanite and Jasper really hit the book and looking at the page. Briar then decides to simply read the chapter of the book for today's class.

After some time in class, the group is at their next class. Third Period: P.E. Everyone is in the Sports Field wearing their gym clothes, well, except for Grim and Trinket.

There they meet their next instructor. He's strong and burly, and very broad-shouldered with a thick neck and thick chest. He has dark brown hair styled in a pompadour and small blue eyes. He also has a thin beard framing his face. He's wearing a whistle around his neck. Along with athletic black pants and a red jacket with gold stripes; a golden stag-head is pictured on the right side of his chest. He wears a golden curled arrow-shaped bracelet on his left wrist, which is a blood-like red at the point.

The man announces, I'm Coach Vargas, and physically educating your feeble little bodies is my responsibility.

Great sorcery begins with a great physique! Behold the muscles you can build with a diet of raw eggs! A great mage needs a great physical constitution! So gimme twenty laps, and a hundred push-ups!

"Bleah. The forced exercise is bad enough, but meatheads like this guy drive me nuts," Ace says in disgust.

"Finally! A subject I'm good at!" Deuce says, eagerly.