I'd Never Walk Cornelia Street Again

yeonwoo's pov

yeonwoo was always an emotional person. she could empathize with anyone even if they'd done her wrong. but today, cheerful bubbly yeonwoo learned not to trust anyone. don't wear your heart on your loose sleeves and expect it not to fall.

and in the end, all she could say was thank you. jooyuls decision to break her heart could ironically skyrocket her career if she wrote it right. so as a form of distraction, she typed furiously on her computer for hours in picka cafe.

she needs this book to be good. she needs to make it sell well to prove that she's fine. that his decisions didn't affect her. and as the clock reached 3:30 pm her heart shattered once again. god, she hated seeing herself like this. she couldn't recognize herself anymore. crying over such a small thing.

her stomach grumbled in hunger and maybe anger, since she'd been there from 9, am to 3 pm without a single meal. but you couldn't blame her. jooyul used to schedule times with the cafe owners to give her food because she told him she hadn't eaten in hours.

and just like that, her heart shattered once more. he didn't care about her well-being anymore. he loved someone else. he picked someone else. every date, stolen kiss, hushed whisper, small reassurance, they didn't matter to him. because it was always soyoung.

even if soyoung and jooyul rarely talked it didn't matter. because the most silenced or hushed loves would always be more powerful. she was always gonna be the second choice.

so she did the only sensible thing for her, and picked up the matching yellow earphones jooyul bought her. he wrote little dots of blue on them with a sharpie to symbolize "that no matter how small or alone she would feel, he would always be there."

connecting the earphones to her computer she ignored the rumbles of her stomach and started to listen to cornelia street. the song she wrote for jooyul when she caught him and soyoung whispering to each other while lying down together after a party.

"Back when we were card sharks, playing games. I thought you were leading me on"

she heard the sound of a chair squeaking and looked up from her laptop, with tears stinging her eyes, and saw euntae seated at her table, carrying his dog and a packed lunch with fruits for dessert. she knew she was going to be okay.