Chapter 1 : Choices

I opened my eyes, drowsy. I yawned and stretched my arms. 

I looked out of my small little window, they were trees were as far as you can see. The ground not visible as the village was high above the ground. The wooden building were built in circular shapes. They were supported with wooden poles and planks, digging deep into the massive trees. It was the usual sight but it was still nice to see. 

I walked out of my room and walked to the kitchen/dining room. My house was a small one floor house, with few walls. My mother was cooking something and my dad is missing. I assume off to train little ones.  

I said,"Hey mom."

She looked over and smiled,"Hey sweetie, breakfast will be ready in a few."

I yawned again and said,"Ok."

I walked over to the only mirror we have, it was on the left wall. I checked my self over to see if I was missing anything. I analyzed myself, I was a tall figure for my age of 17. I had messy long brown hair, with my dark red eye on my right and a blackish blue bandage covering my left eye. I had a lot of blue tribal tattoos of swirls and dots on my back and arms and one large blue swirl on the left side of my belly going to my left leg. I was wearing a crop top and some shorts with a loose grey sweater on. I had my duffle back slung on my right shoulder. I had a I was a bit lean but had a little bit muscle was there.

Okay all set I thought to my head. I called out to my mom,"I'm just gonna grab a snack for today mom, sorry!"

I grabbed an apple off the table and heard my mom call out,"Okay, but this here will be your dinner!"

I said,"Yeah okay that's fair, ok bye!"

She said goodbye and I was out the door. There was only an open platform there. We don't have a walk way to other places, most don't actually. We have a faster method. I pulled out the straps for the back of my sweater leaving my skin bare. 

 I smiled and jumped off the platform, diving head first. As I was falling through the sky, I felt to cool wind on my body. It was the middle of summer so it was very hot. It is usually very humid year round. Then my wings sprouted from my lower back, they were a little over my arm in length, they had dark brown feathers in various tones. 

 I flapped my wings twice and glided to the school. The school wasn't much, the school was a small building that housed from pre-k to 10th grade. I flew on to the very big and thin platform in the front.

I strapped up my sweater and greeted few of the little ones on their way to school. A very bright blue hair boy came up to me.

He said,"Yo!! Ava, how you doing?"

He was 5'8, so a inch or two shorter than me. He had a black and blue hoodie on, with a t shirt saying hi in big black letters and brown shorts and a black bag on his shoulder. With sparkling grey eyes and blue dyed hair. His blue tattoos were one on his right cheek of a swirl and some on his chest and arms.

He was the only other person my age so I naturally became his friend. I waved at him and said,"Hey, Klyrax."

He pouted saying,"Wow, way to treat your best bud."

I pulled out my hand and said,"What do you want me to say!?! Honestly you-"

BOOM!! There was a loud explosion.

We both turn to the explosion, there was grapples being shot and fires on houses. A warrior, David was flying around yelling,"Raiders!! All able to fight converge at the town hall, grab your weapons and hurry!!!" 

He then looked at us and said,"Ava and Klyrax protect the children and hide!" Then he flew off.

Me and Klyrax both had training already. I said to him,"Stay here and protect them I'll get our gear."