prologue

CHAPTER 0:
prologue

CHAPTER 0: prologue

( August 2017 )

      IN A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY, THERE WAS A CREW ON A LARGE SHIP THAT HAD SURFED THE NEBULAS, FLOWN THROUGH GALAXIES, AND ASSISTED THOSE IN NEED WITHOUT ACCEPTING ANYTHING BUT VERBAL GRATITUDE AS A REWARD

IN A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY, THERE WAS A CREW ON A LARGE SHIP THAT HAD SURFED THE NEBULAS, FLOWN THROUGH GALAXIES, AND ASSISTED THOSE IN NEED WITHOUT ACCEPTING ANYTHING BUT VERBAL GRATITUDE AS A REWARD. And then there was the Guardians of the Galaxy.

"Rocket, if I die, just know it was me who stole the eye from you in your sleep!" A girl in her own pod had shouted.

The person she was shouting her last words to, well, the raccoon she was shouting her last words at had only rolled his eyes while listening to her panicking as she had been for the past twenty minutes. Currently, the both of them, along with the most dangerous woman in the galaxy, another human, a walking tree, and a Kylosian had been in the middle of a heist- mission that would gain them enough money to buy them an extravagant ship. Or they could steal the ship and keep the money.

Either way, the escape wasn't going as planned as they were all being shot at for stealing said money.

"I know it was you, and you're not gonna die so stop yelling so much." He grimaced after finally hearing her stop yelling. "If you stick to the plan then you'll be fine."

"Wait, wait, you knew it wasn't me who stole it?" the other human, Peter Quill, spoke from his ship while narrowly dodging ship destroying blasts.

"Yeah, obviously."

"And you still decided to shoot at me?" the man offendedly said.

"Absolutely," he laughed. "I like her, and you looked hilarious dancing around trying not to burn your boots!"

"I wasn't dancing, I was being shot at! By you!"

"Still just as funny!" the girl nervously stated. After she shouted into the conversation, there was a halting blast that had hit her solo pod. "Rocket, it doesn't seem like this is a part of the plan!" She whipped her head to gaze out of the glass shield and widened her eyes at the sight of fire sprouting from one of her propellers. "That doesn't either!"

"Neena, you're down a wing," the woman with black and pink hair stated as her pod caught sight of the younger girl.

"Thank you for confirming that, Gamora," she sarcastically said while multiple alarms had begun to whir in her ears. Her heartbeat sped up beneath her chest while her second propeller had been shot at too.

"Kid, go to Quill's ship and get ready to hold your breath and jump," Rocket ordered the girl who had no control over her pod.

"I don't think that's possible."

Eventually, they moved their plan to position the ship in front of her pod. The latch in the back of it had opened wide for her to enter and in one last breath, she gulped the oxygen from her pod in her throat and opened the latch in her pod to leave. Unfortunately for her, there was another blast sent her way when their pursuers figured out what they had been plotting. Neena reached her hand up to grasp the hand of the Kylosian, Drax, but the blast had interjected their exchange and knocked Neena back into her pod after her fingers were so close to Drax's.

The latch of her pod closed right after she had been pushed back in. She coughed furiously after attempting to take a gasp of air in space while flashing red lights nearly blinded her. Neena rushed up to open the latch but found that it was far too stubborn to open for her once more and their pursuers were getting closer and closer.

One more blue blast to her pod had sealed her fate and sent her off course of rescue. She screamed, shouting into her communicator for her family to assist her but no one answered her.

Rocket and Gamora had rushed to the clear shield in their ship to locate her to get her back to safety but she had already been spiraling too far.

As she was spiraling out of her family's orbit, Neena had briefly lost consciousness with the force of gravity working against her and hurtling towards a planet of various greens and blues.

Coming in extremely hot and quickly, her pod had broken past a planet's atmosphere and gravity had done its job of bringing her down to the surface as fast as possible. With an alarming crash into a lush field of grass, Neena's pod had broken into millions of pieces but somehow her chamber remained intact to keep her alive.

She regained consciousness upon impact, thankfully finding out she had secured herself with a seatbelt before she had blacked out. Neena, suddenly feeling claustrophobic, had rushed to press the contraption behind her ear to engage a mask to breathe then went for the latch that had jammed closed in space to open it and much to her surprise, it had actually opened.

"Now it opens," she irritatedly said while crawling out.

"Um, okay, what the hell is this?" a voice asked from her side. Her head snapped into the direction of the voice, her left hand tapped on the fetter on her right wrist and a specialized blaster quickly formed around her hand from the middle of her forearm to down to her fingertips. His arms did the same but with the colors of red and gold with a bright light in the palms.

She skeptically stared at the man in front of her who had odd-looking facial hair. "Who the hell are you?"

"Oh, so you speak English, great, and I'd like to ask you the same question." He stared at her as skeptically as she was towards him seeing as she was wearing a helmet and he wasn't.

"I asked you first." She tilted her head while furrowing the threat of blasting a hole through him and the supposed workers that had stood by him in the field.

"Fair enough, I'm Stark. Tony Stark, your turn."

"Neena. Just Neena." One of the workers inched near her while she spoke to Tony and as she caught it in the corner of her eye she pointed her weapon at the stranger and shot right in front of his feet. "Stay where you are!" she shouted in his direction while her voice sounded slightly robotic and distorted.

Stark put his hands up in front of himself. "Alright, alright, let's just all calm down and then we can talk about this rationally, hm? Maybe we can figure out how you got here and I can send you back. Does that sound good, Neena?" She looked him up and down before hesitantly lowering and disengaging her weapon.

The girl started to walk from standing in front of her stolen pod but then remembered the one thing she had that could possibly keep her sane on the odd-looking planet. She rushed back into the ship, everyone tensing up again in the process as they thought she would try something of harm, but instead, she pulled out a crushed piece of metal.

She looked over her shoulder to see everyone eyeing her almost ready if she began to shoot at them. "Cool it, it's a music player," she disappointedly spoke. Tony looked at her questioningly with furrowed brows. "Wait do you guys know what music is?"

"Do we know what music is- yes we know what music is," he spoke as if it were the stupidest question he had ever been asked.

Her brightened facial expressions had been unknown under her helmet at his answer, but she only showed it by nodding a "great!" and moving along with the group of aliens. Neena had a lot to learn about the odd planet, and surely she was ready for it.

Right?