How could I not recognize the screams of a wither?

I turned instinctively to the sound of the screams.

There, on top of the bee dome, stood Phil. He had already built the frame for two more and was holding the dark skulls to finish them off.

"(Y/N)."

I stopped instantly at the sound of that voice.

"What are you doing?" he laughed as if he was mocking me.

"Dream," I stood, looking at the tall male, "you have to stop this."

"I really don't have to."

"Dream is this really the only way?"

"The only way I see fit," He started, "you know it isn't too late to take me up on my offer."

"As I said yesterday- this," I motioned to the destruction below us, "this is too far."

"I really don't think this is far enough."

"Dream this is literally an act of terrorism!"

"And you really won't join us?" He questioned, "even after everything they did to you?"

"They only did that because you manipulated them," I shouted at him, "it's what you do!"

"(Y/N) I'll ask just once more, 'cause I would really prefer not to go to plan B," He reached out to me, "please, would you just join me?"

"You're sick," I laughed at him.

Dream sighed and pulled his ax off his back as he slumped forwards slightly so I could see his eyes around his mask.

His once beautiful green eyes were now filled with anger that had been hidden from him. I reached for my sword drawing it quickly to block Dream's ax in perfect time as he lunged forward.

The force of his lunge pushed me backward as I attempted to regain my footing.

He swung his ax again

And again

And again

I couldn't even move my sword to take a swing at him.

He started swinging again and I fell onto the cold obsidian.

A loud clang filled my ears

And he swung again

This time the clang was joined by a cracking noise

I opened my eyes to see the shiny material on the blade was cracking

The crack only took about a fourth of the blade

The another swing

Half the blade

And another

Slowly the crack climbed up the width of the blade

One more swing

The crack grew-

And the sword broke falling into the growing pit below.

Dream froze for a minute.

A laugh erupted from him,

"Nothings going right for you, is it?"

I shuffled away as far as I could before he swung his ax once more towards me.

I blocked it with the broken sword but it only guided the ax towards my shoulder.

The blade buried into my shoulder, earning a loud scream from me.

He pulled the now bloody blade back to him.

"I gave you a chance," He mumbled, kneeling down to me. He reached out, took hold of the back of my chest plate, and started dragging me across the grid.

Once we reached the other side he threw me forward into a nether portal.

I instantly looked around, getting a hold of my surroundings. I could see the nether hub, if I ran fast enough I could make it to the other portal and find someone.

Once I began running I heard the sound of another person entering the nether, I turned to see an aggravated Dream.

"(Y/N) don't make this harder than it should be!"

I continued running taking random turns in hopes of losing Dream, unfortunately, the turns ended up leading me to a cliff. The drop was too high to jump, and there was no place to hide.

"Are you done now?" Dream's voice was clearly aggravated, "you've got nowhere left to run."

"I will never go with you," I yelled at him.

"You don't really have a choice," he motioned to the cliff, "it's jump, or come with me."

"That's a choice."

"Not a good one."

"But a choice nonetheless."

"(Y/N) just come with me, I'll take care of your shoulder and make sure you are safe."

"No- I," an idea popped into my mind, "Dream- you have lied to everyone in this land, manipulated them, and nearly killed so many people. Why on earth would you think I would willingly go with you."

(third-person cause... it's needed for the scene I wanna layout)

(Y/N) stepped closer to the edge of the cliff earning a response from Dream who reached out to the cat girl.

"(Y/N) be careful, can't have you falling now can we."

"Dream," she said, "I can take more of a fall than you can."

"(Y/N)-" He said demandingly "no one can take that fall."

"Honestly," she looked at her feet, "death is better than going with you."

"And anyway," she stepped backward, letting one-foot dangle off the cliff.

"Cats always land on their feet don't they?"

she pushed backward letting gravity take her body as she fell.

She saw Dream, her enemy, run to the edge reaching out to her, only able to brush fingertips with the ends of her hair that flew past her face. The hard floor of the nether caught her roughly as she lay still.

No life in her eyes.

And a smirk on her face as she let out her last breath.

word count: 1468

AN- ooohhh long chapter today! it was kinda needed I tried to split it but couldn't find a good spot to split it. also cliff hanger(joke intended) I hope you enjoyed the ending for this book! and keep your eyes pealed for any more books soon to come!

I didn't necessarily want to end book three here... BUT it is getting outrageously long and the google doc is starting to slow down at a total of 81 pages for this whole book; so NO this isn't the end! BUT this is the end of the third book! book 4's prequel will be out soon and I'll see you soon!