Never Trust A Snake

Start from the beginning

"Ah. What's the best way to defeat an enemy? It could be anything. Unh." Cole complained.

"Come on, guys, we're smart. We can figure this out." Jay encouraged.

"Yeah, but let's hear more about this dream." Kai said as the guys gathered around Zane.

"Let me just say the Green Ninja is awesome." Zane grinned before explaining his dream to the others. I rolled my eyes at them before walking into my room and drawing.

~~~~~~~
I was hanging out with Sensei when the guys walked in.

"Oh. You must have found the answer to what is the best way to defeat an enemy?" Sensei asked.

"We have Sensei. It's-on three, guys. One, two..." Cole trailed off.

"Teamwork!" They chorused.

"Is this what you all think?" Sensei asked unimpressed.

"Yeah." Kai nodded.

"Yes! Absolutely!" Cole, Zane and Jay agreed.

"Sadly, you are all wrong." Sensei said. The boys groaned, causing me to giggle and for one of the guys to blush, going unnoticed by me. I've been giggling a lot more recently. Shortly after the boys left the alarm went off. I quickly ran into the bridge with the guys.

"Break it down for me, sis." Kai said.

"Lloyd and a Serpentine have overtaken Darkly's Boarding School for Bad Boys." Nya informed.

"That place is the cesspool for the crooked and the misbehaved." Jay scoffed.

"Doesn't mean they don't need our help. Step on it." I ordered. Zane quickly pressed the button and the ship quickly rose into the sky before taking off in the direction of Darkly's. We quickly arrived at Darkly's and was flying a few hundred feet above the school with me and the guys looking over the railing at it.

"Looks quiet down there. Should we infiltrate using stealth?" Zane asked.

"Ah, we've done that. What about using our golden weapons that turn into vehicles?" Kai asked instead.

"I'm still working out the kinks on that. Anyone have any other good ideas?" Cole commented.

"Hm. Well, I have one idea, but you guys gotta trust me." Jay grinned.

"Oh. I don't think I like the sound of this." Kai groaned. Jay then made the guys follow him onto the anchor while I was flying beside them.

"Jay, I don't know about this." Kai stammered.

"Just hold on tight!" Jay advised.

"I'm so glad I have wings." I muttered. Jay then signaled for Nya to drop the anchor. The anchor was released and the guys quickly hurled towards the ground while holding onto the anchor, with my diving after them. The guys fell through the roof and all the way to the bottom floor of the school while I spread my wings and softly landed on the roof. I quickly pulled out my katana and slashed at the big purple snake. Jay soon made it to the roof.

"Shocked to see me?" Jay asked while spinning his nunchucks.

"Do something!" Lloyd yelled at the snake but the snake took a map out of Lloyd's pocket and chuckled evilly. "Wha-what are you doing? I thought you were my friend."

"All you wanted was to make the Serpentine your slave. Well, sorry, my dear boy, I have other plans." The snake chuckled before vanishing. Me and Jay started making our way towards Lloyd while he tried to run away from us. The bounty then lowered so Sensei and Nya were level with us.

"Lloyd Montgomery Garmadon, you come here right now." Sensei demanded.

"I got him." I said a grabbed Lloyd, putting him over my shoulder.

"Whoa! Hey! Let me go!" Lloyd complained.

"What should we do with him?" Cole asked. "Wash his mouth out with soap for a year?"

"Ground him indefinitely?" Kai offered.

"Have him sit in a corner for a century?" Zane added.

"Having to eat Cole's chili is worse than all that." I grinned, getting a protest from said boy.

"I know exactly what we must do." Sensei said which caused Lloyd to gulp.

~~~~~3Rd POV~~~~~~
Later that night the bounty was floating through the sky while Sensei Wu was reading Lloyd a bedtime story and Nova was sitting on Lloyd's bed with his head in her lap while she ran her fingers through his hair.

"And that is why Jack the rabbit never trusts a snake.' The end." Sensei Wu finished reading.

"Oh, if my dad had read me that book, I would never have made that mistake. I'm sorry, uncle." Lloyd apologized. Outside the door, the four boys were peeking into the room.

"Oh, you do not need to apologize. I'm sure if your father was still here, it would be the first book he'd read. Good night, nephew. Sweet dreams." Sensei Wu assured his nephew.

"Ah. Good night, uncle." Lloyd mumbled. Nova continued to stay with Lloyd, humming a melody, while Sensei Wu left the room and went to the upper deck with the boys.

"I don't get it, Sensei." Kai spoke up.

"Why isn't the little brat getting punished?" Jay asked grumpily.

"Yeah, we had to train all day and he gets read a bedtime story? It's not fair." Cole complained.

"Hm, you're right, I nearly forgot. Why are you not still training? Did you find the answer to the riddle?" Sensei Wu asked his students causing them to sigh.

"No, Sensei, we still don't know what the best way to defeat your enemy is." Kai said and the guys dropped their heads.

"It is to make them your friend." Sensei said.

"Ah." The boys chorused, finally understanding. The four boys then went back to Lloyd's room to see Lloyd and Nova asleep with smiles on their faces. The boys smiled at the sight before heading to their own beds. But one boy stayed behind. Cole quietly walked into the room and carefully picked up Nova, making sure not to wake her or Lloyd up, and started carrying her to her room. Nova smiled and curled into Cole's chest, making the boy blush. He walked into her room end managed to pull the girls blankets down before setting the girl down and covering her up. Thankfully she was already in her pajamas, black sweatpants and a black cropped T-shirt. The girl curled into her blankets to get comfier before letting out a pleased sigh at the warmth the blankets provided. Cole smiled warmly at the girl before quietly leaving her room and heading to his own bed. Wu smiled at the sight he just witnessed. He was glad to see someone taking care of his daughter, even if neither teens knew.