Chapter 30 - Changed Future

Start from the beginning

"So what did you go back for? Looking for the crystals?" Reine gave Kurumi a glare.

"That wouldn't give me what I want. I wanted to have Darling back to the way he was. If I went all the way back there are too many things that would go in a different way. My life as I know it. I wanted HIM back. Not anything else. I can't play out how my adult years without spirits would be. I don't have that crystal ball. But what I do have, is plans on how to reverse the small about of days of suffering. I killed Westcott and told Menace to blend in with society or she would be killed."

Kotori gasped. "Valena?"

"So, what happened with her?" Asked Kotori ready to hear bad news.

"Well, about Valena. She's-" Kotori was interupted.

"The floor above you. Thanks to Shido." Put in Reine.

"Okay. What about Ellen from DEM. And DEM as a whole. What's the status?" Asked Kurumi.

"The status of DEM is it is slowly shutting down. It is selling off and writing off expenses as with Westcott dead and investors unhappy with no return investment. It's not looking good. The research conducted in Westcott and DEM's databases may or may not be turned over. It's in the balance as Ellen was turned over to the CEO of DEM with Westcott no longer with us." Reine took a sip of tea and looked over at Kotori. "Menace had escaped from DEM and it was said that someone freed her. Is that true?"

"I said I either kill you now or you behave and enter the world and blend in for your sake. She's bratty and feels entitled, but she can come around a little. Because I'm not killing her twice." Looking around the room Kotori and (FN) turned blue. "But moving on."

"Since we do not know your encounter, what was she like?" Asked (FN).

"Miku but double the sass and feelings entitled to all. Not just some, all." Kurumi shook her head. "Flirty rich girl that turned into something else because she has needs. I made an honest woman out of her."

"What made you let her go?" Asked Reine. "You have killed tens of thousands of people whether that's controlled or not. Some with or without purpose. So why let her go if she started the madness?"

Kurumi shook her head. "Times due change. I thought Ellen wouldn't run the ship and the investors and big people at DEM would realize that they run a terrorist organization. Menace was just a tool and could have ended up between a hybrid of my violence and Phantom's high maintenance. It just is what it is. Can you tell me what's going on with DEM and the spirits?"

"As I mentioned, Valena is the floor above you. Then with Westcott dead Ellen said she would replace him only to give assets to others. Meaning the real estate was going to be sold off and some equipment over to the AST. Some would have to be seized by the government due to its power being too upscale. As we know it, they are cut down to size. And you tinkered with it to save (FN)?"

"He was a monster. The bed was lonely. I couldn't have that happen." She hugged her lover. "This cute face and these eyes I fell in love with can't be tampered with. He's getting stronger but I can't have his emotions turn to oblivion." Kurumi looked into (FN)'s eyes. "See how I'm not afraid to show my clock? I'm giving you all of me. And I will give you nothing less."

"So now, what happens from here?" Asked (FN).

"One less company in our way to stop us. Now we just keep going. I have no doubt there are more spirits. But thanks for being here in one peace Bro." Kotori smiled. "And thank you Kurumi. Thanks for caring for my big brother."

"Hopefully now we can move forward in a solid direction. Figure out how this spirit nonsense can be put to a closure without changing the past. Seeing all of us move forward and continuing our lives. And together." Kurumi sipped her tea. Enjoying that half the battle is over.

"Actually," Reine cleared her throat. "DEM may have something to reverse the crystal effect. In doing so all of them would essentially revert back to normal. All would age at the same going rate and all. In body you will turn age and so forth. Yoshino will grow a little taller. And so forth."

"For real? I won't just turn into my actual age? I'll turn into my 20s and look the part?" Gasped Kurumi.

"Surely." Nodded Reine.

"Alright. I guess I will look into it. In the meantime afterwards I am going to settle down and get to bed early tonight. A lot to process and think over." And you Darling better cuddle me.

"We will let you rest. We will try to get you in on details Agent Nightmare." Reine nodded.

"I like the sound that. Very well. We all together will revert this."

~~~~~

This will be the gamechanger of the series. Keep in mind this is pre season 3, but you will see how this works when I am done.

-Relly