2

The moment of truth

She heard someone knocking on her window. Her bedroom was the only one downstairs, Samuel taking the guest room and Kelli taking the master bedroom upstairs. Samuel stayed with them because Kelli insisted that he save his money for his agenda, which further proved Eileen's theory of those two dating.

"Eileen," She heard a voice say and the window knocked harder. Eileen lifted her head for a moment before laying it back down onto her otter squishmallow.

"Eileen!" Eileen groaned, hearing her name again. She groggily got out of bed to open her window to see who it was. Not to her surprise, it was Demetri. She opened the window so the two could talk.

"It's almost noon, how the hell are you still sleeping?" Demetri asked. 

"Stayed up helping unpack the truck after the festival. How did you know that this room was mine?" Eileen shot back.

"You're the only person in this house who has lilac curtains," Demetri explained.

"I forgot how well we know each other," Eileen commented, grabbing a comb to untangle any knots in her hair.

"Yeah, well, we have known each other since we were what? Seven?" Demetri asked.

"Six I thought," Eileen replied, putting on deodorant before grabbing sweatpants and a sweatshirt to change into. She went into her bathroom as Demetri looked into her newly decorated room.

He saw things he recognized like the pulp fiction movie poster and some of the essential oils her mom had given her, the rest being in the boxes. Eileen walked out of the bathroom, grabbed her keys and wallet, opened the cover of the window, and climbed out.

"There is a thing called a front door," Demetri explained sarcastically.

"Yeah, but that also means having to see my mom without coffee," Eileen reminded Demetri, who shuddered at the thought.

"She is not a morning person," Demetri stated as he and Eileen started to walk to his car. Eileen nodded as she pulled out her phone to text Samuel that she was going to hang out with Demetri.

"So where are we headed, Tri?" Eileen asked, pulling out the nickname she used for him as a child. Demetri groaned in the annoyance of the name, never truly liking it.

"Don't call me that. We're going to Cobra Kai because I want to set some ground rules before I rejoin. You're coming because I want to get smoothies afterward," Demetri explained. Eileen nodded as she started to listen to Demetri's playlist, humming along to the songs.

Once they made it, Demetri went inside and Eileen went and ordered a strawberry banana for Demetri and a lemon blueberry for herself. Once she had them she walked out to see Demetri with a bloody fractured nose.

"What happened?" She asked worriedly.

"Just drive to my mom's office," He instructed anxiously. Eileen nodded and put the two smoothies into his hands and took the keys and drove to his mom's office

"Are you speeding?" He asked.

Eileen checked her speed, "Only a little, don't try to scold me, your nose is bleeding. How did that even happen?"