"My clinic," Robyn interrupted, standing to confront Beyonce. 

"Who the hell are you?" 

Uh-oh. 

Nicki stood, ready to jump into the fight. 

Robyn might have the face of an angel, with dark brown corkscrew curls that surrounded her perfect features, but she could be a furious foe when she wanted to be. 

Not that people saw that side of her often. 

Her patients, young and old, adored her and her usually sunny personality. 

But when Robyn was fighting for a cause or something she believed in, she could be a dangerous enemy. 

Nicki watched as her friend threw back her shoulders, her white physician's coat floating around generous curves that complemented her angelic features. 

She forced back a grin as Robyn straightened to try to compensate for her five foot eight height, in preparation for battle. 

"I'm Nicki's..." Beyonce stopped abruptly, as though not quite sure what to say, before finishing hesitantly, "friend. And I want to know why the hell someone shot at her." 

"Helloooo. I'm right here, Beyonce." Reaching out her hand, she gripped her jaw, forcing her to look at her. 

"I am able to answer for myself." 

Her face transformed, the anger draining from her features as her still-hot eyes met hers. 

Reaching out to grasp her shoulders, Beyonce demanded, 

"What happened? Are you okay? Did they hurt you?" 

Her hands ran over her arms before landing again on her shoulders. Explaining what happened turned into an exhausting event. 

Beyonce interrupted, swearing like a sailor and asking what felt like a million freaking questions. 

Nicki tried to answer them patiently to calm him down. 

They all took a seat on the flimsy, uncomfortable chairs at the enormous table. 

Nicki talked, first introducing Beyonce and Robyn, and then going on to answer more questions that were flowing from the furious woman in front of her, almost faster than she could answer them. 

Beyonce cursed throughout her explanation. 

And Robyn just watched with a dumbfounded, perplexed expression. 

"Did they catch them?" Beyonce asked, her voice rough, as though she had been through hell herself. 

"No. And Nicki needs to be careful since they threatened her." 

Robyn finally jumped in, her voice protective. 

"You neglected to mention that." Beyonce shot Nicki a dark look. 

Their conversation was interrupted by a plainclothes detective, a very nice, youngish blond man who had identified himself as Detective Harris. 

He dropped papers in front of both Nicki and Robyn, asking quietly, "Can you look at the reports and see if you have anything to add?" 

He put a casual hand on the back of Nicki's chair and leaned over her shoulder, perusing the report with her. 

A low, reverberating sound came from Beyonce's throat and Nicki pulled her eyes away from the report to look at her. 

But she wasn't looking at her. 

Her eyes were shooting fire at Detective Harris, a threatening look that start led her.