"Inside." He answers.

"You remember what you promised me right?" Megan asks and Garrets nods slowly.

She nods and faces me. "Baby can you unbuckle Olivia. Do it slowly please."

"What's going on?" I ask confused.

"Nothing. Can you please just unbuckle Olivia." She says in a pleading tone.

I hurriedly open the back door and quickly unbuckle Olivia. She was sleeping so the sudden movement woke her up and she starts crying.

"Damn it." Megan mumbles next to me.

"We need to move quickly." Garrett says. I start shushing Olivia but she's only crying harder.

"Give me your spare gun." Megan orders.

Garrett slowing kneels down and grabs a gun out of his shoe from under his pants.

I hold on to Olivia tight. I have no idea what is happening but I have a feeling it's not good. Olivia is still crying and nothing I'm doing is stopping her.

I look at Garrett and this time when he reaches for his gun Megan doesn't stop him. She grabs my hand and just when we're about to start walking her front door opens and Hazel steps out. I'm guessing she heard Olivia crying.

"Fuck." Megan says a bit too loud. I look around and realize that this whole time we were hidden behind her car but Hazel opening the door made us take a step forward.

Megan let's go of my hand and brings her gun up and fires a shot at the black car a little down the street.

The sound of the gun was so loud my ears start ringing and Olivia cry's harder if that was even possible.

Garrett also starts shooting. A few of the bullets go through the windshield but the car turns on and speeds towards us.

Garrett grabs my hand and puts me behind him protecting me with his body.

"They have a gun." Megan shouts.

I see her run towards Hazel and she shields Hazels body with hers. With Garrett being in front of me I can't see much but when I hear two more gunshots I look around him and my heart stops.

The car speeds down the street and out of our sight. I push Garrett away with all my strength and hand him Olivia. It takes me a second to realize what's happening.

Megan's shirt is black so at first it's hard to notice but then I saw the blood trickling down her shirt. I gasp and try to run towards her but Garrett grabs my wrist and stops me.

Megan's body falls to the ground and Hazel lets out a scream at the top of her lungs and starts crying.

"We need to go." He says and I turn around to see he has tears in his eyes.

He has already put Olivia back in her seat but she hasn't stopped crying.

"Stop. What are you doing? Go help her." I plead hitting his chest.

I bring my attention back to the front door and Kai and Daniel are there now. The second they seen what is happening Kai runs to Megan and Daniel grabs a crying Hazel and she starts screaming louder.

"Megan Megan can you hear me?" Kai asks loudly and her voice is shaking

She starts shaking Megan's lifeless body. There is a pool of blood forming around her. I try to run towards her again but this time Garrett grabs me by the waist and pulls me towards the car.

"She's bleeding go help her." I yell but he's not listening.

Daniel also grabs Hazel and brings her to the car. She is crying louder than I am. Before Garrett can fully put me in the car I hear Kai shouting.

"Damn it Megan stay with me." I turn my head and she's giving Megan CPR.

I don't see more because Garrett and Daniel put us in the car and close the doors. They both get in, lock the doors and, start driving.

Garrett's hands are shaking while he is holding the steering wheel. My ears are still ringing. Olivia has settled down but Hazel and I crying is making her cry again.

I put my hand over my mouth to muffle my crying but it's not working. I just want to get out of this car and run back to Megan.

The ringing in my ear is so loud but suddenly the world went quiet. It felt like the universe paused. The birds stopped singing. The sun stopped shining.

Everything stopped. I was swallowed into the darkness. The only thing to continue. The only movement that could be heard was the beating of my heart. The intensity of my breath and the deepening of my fears.

Her body was a just laying there. She promised nothing would happen. I feel like I can't breath. It all just hit me. In one single moment.

Like a tidal wave forcefully submerging my head underwater and like waves my tears regimentally rolled down my face. I feel like I'm drowning.

I don't ever want to imagine a world where Megan isn't in it.