Mr. Janitor

Okay. Maybe it wasn't  gonna be that easy.. Shoto didn't know what to expect from a restaurant literally named 'Fire Spirit' He didn't genuinely think it'd be THIS INTENSE- HE FUCKED HIMSELF OVER WITH THIS JOB! FUCKING cHef AkuMa KEPT YELLING IN A BRITISH VOICE LIKE SHUT UPPP!

People cannot be saying the truth to him when they say Chef Akuma is an ACTUAL good person because this proves WAY otherwise. Literal metal clanging at each other as everyone runs around the kitchen to try and complete orders as Chef Akuma helps by but also causes a chaos in the making while Shoto just has to stand and wait so he can bring out the fucking orders!

This is a shit fucking kitchen dynamic and for what?? For show to all the costumers waiting for their order as they watch their cooks struggle like it's a reality TV show?? Neither Shoto could understand this unreasonable restaurant but money is goddamn fucking money.

"Here Shoto." Shu said as he gently placed 5 dishes down on the waiting counter for the male to serve. Finally, he can actually cater but he couldn't help and wonder how Shu could be so weirdly calm in such a situation. Not even a hint of panic in his voice— Some would even say it's more gentle than his actual speaking voice which is surprising given the scenario they're in. Like an angel in a battlefield against devils, having an angelic mother-like sense? It's weird and Shoto decided to not pay much mind to it yet.

He gave the orders as planned and everyone seemed  to be enjoying, Shoto sure wasn't but come on. He just caters food, he doesn't have much of a say in such situations, he wasn't a chef so all he can do is just follow along.

But oh if only he could nitpick every single flaw in this kitchens flow, he would. He definitely would if he wanted to get fired which seemed a bit too early for the meantime.

The day finally ended as he felt like waitering to people was much more of a task than slaying demons! He ran as much if not more in the kitchen rather than on the actual battlefield- which shocked him to say the least.

The purple haired boy sighed as he continued to sweep the kitchen floors. Though it wasn't mandatory to clean up, he felt like it was the least he could do especially from what he just saw take place from the kitchen. Before he made another sweep, he heard a person behind which caused Shoto to jerk up and turn around.

"Woah, woah. Don't worry, I wouldn't hurt you Shoto." The man said inbetween some deep mellow chuckles. It was Chef Akuma, Shoto didn't know whether to be polite or blow off on him on how shit he was to his fellow cooks. He picked to nicer approach.

"Ah, Chef Akuma. I assume you'll be leaving for the night?" Shoto asked.

"Yes, I will boy. Though, I'm worried on you. You're sweeping— You do know that's not part of your job?-" The chef pointed at as he raised a finger to the broom.

"Well, from witnessing that heck of a day. I thought cleaning up could at least remove some stress of fellow chefs-" He reasoned out, he wasn't doing this for a promotion or anything big. He just genuinely felt like he should help when he can and sweeping was one of the ways he thought he could burden less in.

Vox just hummed in a pleased manner before offering a seat to the younger boy. Though this irked some questions, Shoto followed through the offer and had a seat with his boss.

His chef had his hands interwined towards each other as they supported his chin that rest ontop of them, a little smile came on his face before he continued to speak. "Say, Shoto.. How was 1st day of this job?" He asked in genuine curiousity.

"Well- It was more intense than what I originally thought but I think it was managable to say the least? I definitely moved around more than I did in sla-" Shoto stopped himself from speaking at that moment. He remembered that he would try to keep a low profile especially with his Demon Slaying job. "More than I did in slamming hammers." He said.

Slamming hammers?? What the FUCK was that save? Hardly call that a save! A red hue slowly emerged from his cheeks from that shitty excuse of a save before laughing it off.

"Slamming hammers.?" Vox asked, confused. Shoto explained. "Uh yeah— I use to um- build! And I moved around a lot cus of slamming down a buncha nails with hammers!" He chuckled.. Fuck, that's such an unbelievable lie. Though seemed like his boss played along with it and opted to not push any further.

"Alright, would you call it a hard day of work, Shoto?" Man, his chef really liked saying his name, doesn't he. "Yeah, I guess it was a bit hard." He admitted.

"Too hard?" He asked but it had a more apparent taunting tone. This fucker was teasing him, wasn't he? "It wasn't that  hard, especially for me." Shoto defended back, crossing his arms and pouting. "Says the waiter." Vox chuckled. This utter dick!

"Okay.. then, I'll show you what I'm capable of as.. I'll.." Shoto trailed off.

"You'll?" The chef interrupted to finish his sentence in a way to lure him out. "I'll —I'll clean the kitchen before and after my shifts." He proudly said with a bit of a grin as he accepted the challenge. Akuma just clasped his hands together and gave a mellow laugh. "So you're gonna be a janitor?" He laughed which caused a hint of embarrassment to Shoto's face.

"What- No! Extra labor, not a janitor—"  He argued, though he seemed to be like a dog barking at a tree since this 'arguement' was rather one-sided as Shoto did more bark than bite and well— Vox was Vox.

"Don't be so agitated, my boy." He said, standing up to get his coat and making his way out of the kitchen. "The keys are on the table, lock up the restaurant before you're done sweeping, big man." He simply said as he waved a goodbye and left the boy with indigo eyes by himself.

Oh, Shoto is definitely gonna be a kiss ass in this job.