Part 16

LAST PART!! Thanks to each and everyone of you.!! As promised happy endingsmiley27

Part 16

Damn her body is so stiff... she opened her eyes that was a task itself. Her eyelids felt heavy, but she finally managed to open it slowly. She moved her fingers , she has has tubes in mouth and nose, ugh! Everything is heavy. She tried to move her face, it was dark in the room with little light coming through door. She saw the clock, it was 6 pm? Or am? Didnt know no windows in her room to tell her otherwise. She press the bell her finger felt like stone so stiff. She knows she got into an accident, Baba must be so worried. Finally nurse came suprised, she ran outside calling the doctor . Team came in turn the lights hurting her eyes at first. They checked her everyway, she was getting irritated. "Whats your name and tell us the year? " he asked checking for her cognitive changes.

"Imlie Singh and year 2020" she replied slowly .
He nodded but what he said next shook her, "You are correct but now the year is 2022, you been in coma for two years " in matter of fact tone.

Imlie started breathing hard, two years? They gave her injection to calm her down as expected but truth must be told to patient. She closed her eyes feeling drowsy. When she woke up next time it was early morning, because nurse came in, informing her about the actual time and she mentioned that her Baba has been notified. Nurse put Imlie phone on charger keeping next to her. She made her sit up, she felt so weird sitting up she was still getting used to the fact she lost two years. She didnt know how to feel anymore. Baba thik hai atleast. In sometime her phone rang, it was her baba doing video call. Nurse helped her, she was too sweet but she was still weak. She hold it for her, as soon she saw him she started sobbing so was her dad.
"Beta kaisi ho?" Weeping
"Thik hu baba do saal" she didnt have to say more. "Aap kaise ho" sniffing her tears.
"Beta sorry nai aa sakta hospital tabyat thodi thik nai hai. Tum ghar aajao jaldi bohut baatein karni hai. Aaram karo." She nodded relieved he is atleast ok. She kept the phone on table while the nurse took vitals. She left leaving her Imlie now alone with her memories. Aru... she smiled then she realized two years.. he must be married. She didnt want to message him knowing he must have moved on. As if he heard her, he barged in the room scaring Imlie. He was wearing his ganji, he looked sweaty, he eyes had dark circles but still hot. She smiled , tears rolling out of her eyes, "Aru" he slowly walked to her and then stopped took a chair and sat at distance. It hurt Imlie realizing its been two years so many things have changed, married now he is maybe. They both kept quiet looking at each other, they both spoke at the same, "kaise ho"
"Kaisi ho"
"Thik" she replied with smile , "just lost two years." She chuckled.
He nodded not knowing what to say maybe she thought.
After sometime she spoke, "Shaadi hogai?" It hurt to ask him hoping he wasnt married.
"Yes."
"Congratulations! Ab to nanga gumna bandh karo" she joked trying to fizz out tension in the room.
"Tum nai sudhrogi gadhi"
"Hey! Aaj to maar bhi nai sakti jane diya tofa shaadi ka."
"Kab ki shaadi" everytime she asked a question her piece of heart broke each time.
"Do din baad tumhare accident ke" he said casually but it she felt pain at that. She was envious. Her Aru isnt hers anymore.
"Uske baba mere baba stubborn nai the na?"
"Thode lekin maan gaye" he said smiling but it wasnt reaching his eyes.
"Tumhe kaise pata mujhe hosh agaya?"
"Nurse ko do number diye the Baba ka aur mera, baba thik nai rehte toh"
"Thank you " for taking care of her somewhere checking on her for her father.
"Kya karti hai woh?"
"Huh kon?"
"Your wifee?"
"Housewife hai par padhai kar rahi hai. Milaunga tumhe sab janti hai tumhare bare mein" he looked down playing with fingers guilty? She saw? To not wait. How can she hold that to him? If she hadnt gotten in accident and talked to him one more time would things be different?
"Bataya nai nange kaise?"
"Are gym mein tha jab call ayaa" he chuckled.
"Naam kya hai uska? Aur bache?"
"No bache yet. Rani. Itne sawal uth te hi Imlie aaram karo chalo."
"Do saal se aaram kar rahi thi, thank you for everything Aru i mean Aryan. For all the beautiful memories. " she hold back the tears.
"Jo hogaya so hogaya Imlie apna dhyan rakho"
"Ek baat puchu?" She asked sadly
"Pucho"
"Agar accident na hota aur tumhe main rokti kya tum ? " she didnt complete knowing he knows what she was asking.
He didnt say anything, he left with no reply.
But she got her reply, he had texted her about him getting married and it was final.