Chapter 1 Pilot Part 1

Nicole's POV

Present-day

October 31, 2005.

I'm scared. I want to wake up. I need to wake up. Someone help me. I can't breathe. I feel like I'm drowning. Someone- anyone, help. Something is coming. It's coming and I can't do anything to stop it.

THUMP

"Owwwwwwwww!" I jolted up in surprise. I leaned forward and rubbed my head in response. Whimpering, I realized I'd accidentally hit my head on the car window.

"Hey, you alright sweetheart?" Dean turned to face me, raising an eyebrow.

Still whimpering I replied "Yeah I'm okay. I just hit my head."

"You sure?" He asked in a concerned tone.

"Yes, I'm sure," I said while rolling my eyes at him.

"Why do you ask?" I said curiously. Turning my head to the window beside me to see the outside world.

"Look in the mirror sweetheart." He ordered me while still looking at the road.

Turning my head back to face him. I looked at him confused. I complied anyway. Looking into the mirror I saw my strawberry blond locks in a mess. My usually neat and well-kept hair is now sticking and pointing in all different directions. My forehead glistened with sweat but that's not what shocked me.

My eyes. My turquoise-colored eyes were red around the rims and swollen. Puffy from crying but what's even more unusual was that tears were still escaping my eyes. Running down my porcelain skin.

I turned to face Dean even more confused. He lifted one hand from the steering wheel and wiped away one of my stray tears.

He took his eyes off the road for just a moment to face me. "You were having a nightmare." He told me with a stone-cold face. But when I looked into his eyes all I saw was love and worry for me.

He turned his gaze back to the street.

"I don't even remember what I was dreaming about," I mumbled. My mind was wandering. Wondering what I was dreaming about while touching my tear-stained face.

Sinking back into my seat. I turned my focus back to the window. Leaned my arm and head against the window. I stared and watched the trees pass by.

After a couple of tries to get comfortable, I questioned "How much longer till we reach Stanford?" My face was emotionless. Preparing myself for the storm to come.

"Not much longer." He said as he accelerated Baby.

We arrived outside what was supposedly Sammy's apartment. I turned to my right to glance outside the window. I looked at Dean for a moment. He opened the door to exit the car but before he could leave I tugged on his sleeve.

He turned around to face me. Still clutching the sleeve of his jacket I stared at my lap. Feeling his eyes on me I started to feel nervous.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked me in a gentle voice. Nevertheless, I ignored him. Still avoiding his gaze. I bit down on my bottom lip.

His gaze intensified when he noticed my eyes shifting. My heart was beating in my ears.

Getting impatient he gently grabbed my chin turning my head to face him. "What's wrong." No longer asking me a question but instead giving me an order. His voice stern and commanding but his green eyes soften.

Noticing that I decided to tell him what's been bothering me. I opened my mouth to say something but I felt my throat tighten. Taking a deep breath.

"We still have time to leave. We can still turn around. We don't need-" He cuts me off.