🐝 DRUGS, TREASON AND OTHER DEMONS

Reviewer: Wreeteen_Emotions

Book Title: Drugs, Treason and other Demons

Author: HappyCoati

╔══.·🐝:·🐝.·:🐝·..🐝·:·🐝·:·🐝.══╗

Drugs, Treasons and Other Demons was a breath of fresh air while it lasted. The book was able to house thing most writers find difficult to place in books -especially one that has so much tension in it: humor. The humour in the book was so great, I had to pick out a line from it to go back to. As I said earlier, it was a great read.

Whilst I moved through the pages of the book, there were some improvements I noticed that could come to this brilliant work; I will try to detail them in subsequent paragraphs.

The first point of improvements I noticed was the use of punctuations. In numerous places hyphens (-) were substituted for dashes (-) , which shouldn't be. Some people have complained of not having the dash in their phones, in such cases Google Docs recommends using two hyphens placed together (--) in its place.

One of the plot holes for a story written in first person POV, is how our main character knew too much. One example is the walk through the jungle with her captors. While it is possible to know things, knowing such details with a bag over her head is impossible:
"A heavy wooden trap door creaked open..." with a bag over head, and seeing nothing, it is not possible to know if the door that was opened was a trapdoor or some door at the side of the road?
"I took a step more and the floor opened up beneath my feet..." when going down to the bottom you don't know is there, the captor would be sure to be her guide. Not just with his shoves, but by informing her to walk down the steps.
They're plot holes, plot holes can be "closed up".

Sarah's character is beautifully written, with all the complexities and simplicity that surrounded her. Yet, her conviction is something I find a bit daunting. For someone so strong-willed, cunny and brainy, how fast she gave in to her new life is a bit unlike her.
Pablo is everything a drug lord shouldn't be, except for the drugs and girls. Every other thing, he isn't. But as Sarah said, he has two sides, an it's mesmerizing watching both sides clash.

Asides these, I have nothing else to hold against the story. Kudos again for a work well-done, not very often do you come across writers who can hold you to the pages of a book.

For enquiries or complaints,
Message this account's DM.
Beehive
🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝

Beehive   🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝