"Love?" Judah calls and I'm pulled away from my thoughts instantly. He smiles knowingly when I look over and I scowl at him. "What do you want to drink?"

"Water please." I mumble only to frown when the waitress glares at me.

"She'll have a strawberry milkshake too." He closes the menu and hands it back to her. "And remember not to touch me again when you bring the food over."

My jaw drops as well as hers before she scurries off. "Judah!"

"Oh, don't tell me that was mean Macy!" He scoffs as he crosses his arms indignantly. "You should be happy I told her not to touch me!"

"I-I am but –"

"What? Did you want me to shrug or something instead of saying it directly? Oh, let me just shrug your hand off and let it fall on my crotch instead!" He exclaims a little too loudly which catches the attention of several people.

"Judah!" I hiss as I throw a packet of salt at his face.

"You know she would've done it. I saw her staring at it." He shudders with a cute frown as he catches the packet. "Besides I only want you to touch –"

"Finish that sentence and we're not having sex again." I deadpan to which he just rolls his eyes in response.

"We're not doing it anyways until you get healed Mace."

"How long until we reach the next house?" I swiftly change the topic just as our food arrives.

"Around four hours." He replies before thanking the waitress who all but stomps away like a child. "Do you think Cameron's made any progress?"

"I hope so." I take a sip of the milkshake before digging into my food. "He said that Alejandra is helping him and they've completely dismantled the drugs operation. I assume he's going to take down weapons this week so not long to go until either everything goes to shit or we're free."

"You know I won't let anything happen to you right?" He grabs my hand and rubs his thumb across my knuckles.

"I know." I smile at him softly before sobering. "But...my dad – he's horrible Judah. Please don't risk your life for mine if it comes down to it which I hope it won't. It's not worth it."

"You're always worth it Mace." He murmurs gently and I only shake my head at his stubbornness. "Besides, I've dealt with people trying to kill me or torture me before. This isn't anything new."

That confession almost makes me choke on my food. "What?!"

He looks at me like a deer caught in headlights. "Did I not tell you this before?"

"No!"

"Oh..." He drags it out before smiling sheepishly. "Yeah I've made a lot of enemies in the tech industry. I disappear sometimes and barely visit my family for months which they're not happy with at all. You can't back out of this relationship though because it's too late for that!"

"I won't." I roll my eyes with a soft chuckle. "Have you ever been away from your family this long?"

"Only twice." He finishes his food before sitting back. "I had overtaken this huge business on the market and the owner never liked me so you can imagine how pissed off he was. I sent him a massive basket of cupcakes with his face on it but with tears coming out of his eyes. He retaliated with sending hired assassins after me which I think is just rude. A shitty gift would have sufficed don't you think?"

"Absolutely." I reply sarcastically and he glares at me but ends up breaking character halfway.

"Second time was when my psycho cousin was back in Texas visiting her parents the same time I was. She fell in love with me of course –"