Another Chance

A few days after his almost sexual encounter with Lance, Walter hasn't heard or got a text from Lance ever since. He felt very hurt by it. He thinks he already ruined his friendship with Lance. Even at work, they hardly talk or see eye contact with each other. Walter felt like he's the bad guy. He kissed and almost had sex with his best friend when he knew he has a girlfriend and that he himself was still engaged. He wished he could just disappeared instead. So instead, he avoided Lance at all times, he Lance doesn't want anything to do with him, then it's his choice. He doesn't need Lance for everything anymore.

Hours later, Walter texted Arturo about bringing the missing records over and Arturo text back saying they could meet up at the park were the cherry blossoms is. Walter agreed on this and head out to the park. As Walter was half way there, Arturo called him saying that he couldn't make it there saying there's too much traffic of where he lives and saying they should meet up at a Denny's parking lot that is 5 miles to where Walter lives. Walter thought it was strange but says OK. After finishing the call, Walter head out to Denny's.

So when they met up at the Denny's parking lot, Walter said to Arturo.

Walter: Hey.

Arturo: Hey.

They stayed quiet for a short time until Walter first spoke.

Walter: So uhh...do you have the records?

Arturo: Yeah it's in my car. I could get them.

Walter: Sure.

Arturo went to his car and get the remaining paperwork he has. Then Arturo said.

Arturo: So um Walter. About the wedding planning. Do you think it's gonna happened?

Walter haven't thought of it much. He was so focus on kissing Lance that he almost forgot about if the wedding plans will still happened after all that.

Walter: We could still have it, just maybe next year after everything that's happened. Hope is alright with you.

Arturo: So you're giving me another chance?

Walter: Maybe? Just no more lies or stealing. OK?

Arturo: OK. Thank you so much Walter.

Arturo hugged Walter very tightly and Walter hugged him too. As they were both hugging each other, Someone dropped outta Arturo's jacket pocket. It was a gun. Walter stopped hugging him and saw it. He was scared of why Arturo got a gun?

Walter: Why do you have a gun?

Walter said scared and Arturo said to him.

Arturo: For protection. I wanted to protect you Walter. There so many bad people out there and I don't want them to hurt you.

As much he understands what Arturo is saying, but he still not happy that he bought this gun. Then, Walter tells him of why he doesn't like guns or any weapons.

Walter: I'm flattered, but I'm just not comfortable with a gun. You see...my mom died from a shootout when she was protecting people years ago. That's why I hated violence and that's why I build non-lethal gadgets.

Arturo felt sorry and ashamed about it. He didn't know that Walter's mother died from a gun. So he told Walter while comforting him.

Arturo: I'm so sorry, I didn't know? Look, I'll get rid of it. I promise. I just wanted to protect you that's all.

Walter: OK.

After that, they both left the parking lot at different directions and Walter headed home. Once he's home, Walter set the paperwork on the table and look for the missing records. As he was searching, his phone rang and it was Lance calling. Walter looked at his phone and decided not to answer it. He's still angry and upset with Lance since the kissing incident and thought Lance called him to tell him that the kiss was a mistake and that they shouldn't be friends anymore. So Walter turned his phone off out of fear that and continued to look for the records.

As he search every single paperwork, he couldn't find the records. Is not there? Walter didn't understand it? Did Arturo forgot to bring it? Walter felt annoyed by this. Arturo agreed he'll bring the record and instead he forgot it. Walter decided to call Arturo about it tomorrow and see what's going on. Walter feed his birds and look at the wedding catalog.