Chapter 2, When the dark consumed the dawn.

As the night approached, Lucy and Ethan stopped playing and told their goodbyes.

Ethan:I had a lot of fun today!Thanks for going with me!

Lucy:I had a lot of fun too thanks to you!

Ethan:Alright then see you tomorrow!

Lucy:See you tomorrow!

Ethan and lucy then goes into their houses.Lucy saw her mom preparing the dinner for them.

Mom:Oh Lucy there you are..Im preparing the dinner so..go wash up first since you played alot today outside..

Lucy:Alright mom!

Lucy then washes up.After Lucy took a bath,she then goes to the kitchen to eat dinner.As Madonna thought that she and her daughter will have a peaceful dinner, a storm has approached to their house.

*Knock knock knock*
A aggressive knock can be heard in their door.

Mom:Lucy stay here and go finish your food.Ill go take the door.

Lucy:Okay mom...

Lucy is quite terrified because of the sound she just heard.Madonna then opened the door and saw her husband, Carlo, drunk and has a scent of unfamiliar women's perfume on his clothes.

Mom:O-Oh Carlo!

Madonna was terrified and shocked to see her husband go home this early.

Dad:O-oh its you *hiccup*

Mom:You r-reek of alcohol-and whats that smell..

Madonna has no perfume since carlo doesnt care an inch about her.So madonna immediately thought Carlo has another woman.Because of the fear of her family breaking apart,Madonna dare not mention it in front of Carlo.

Dad:Come,m-make me comfortable in bed...

Mom:O-Oh...Okay...Lucy go finish your food and just leave it in the sink...Ill just take care of your dad tonight...

Lucy:Oh-okay mom...

Madonna then brought Carlo to their bedroom.As soon as Lucy finished eating, she took care of her mom's unfinished food, and then washing them both before going to her bedroom, hoping the next days will be better, and goes to sleep.

Many days has passed,Lucy and Ethan played everyday, Lucy's Household was peaceful since her dad left the house to run some "errands".Lucy thought that her family will finally be okay, until one day, Lucy woke up by a loud noise.She heard 2 people shouting at each other.

Mom:C-Carlo!!What do you think youre doing?!

Dad:Im so done with this family!I prepared a divorce paper yesterday,So sign this up and lets end all things here!

Mom:What?!You just want to end t-things here?!What about Lucy?!D-do you think this will be good for her?!

Dad:I dont care about that useless kid!Im raising another more useful kid than that one!

Mom:Y-you have another kid...from another wo-woman?!

Dad: Exactly!Now sign the divorce papers and lets end all this once and for all!

Mom:Carlo p-please!Just think of this for L-Lucy...She just a kid...S-so please stay...*Sobbing*

Dad:Like i said i dont care about her!Just sign this damn paper!

Carlo then forces Madonna's hand to sign the paper.Madonna has no force because of how she cries.

Dad:See?!Its that easy!Dont worry i prepared my things in advance so i could get out of here.Im so fed up with this place!

Mom:C-carlo...P-please...*wailing*

Lucy is terrified as she saw all this happen in front of her eyes.Carlo then took his luggage and slammed closed the door as he leaves.As Carlo left, Lucy then rushed to her mom.

Lucy:M-mom...*She said as she cries*

Lucy and her mom hugged each other while they cried

Mom:D-dont worry Lucy..Its temporary,y-your dad will come back soon*Forcefully smiles*

But she knows she wont come back and told a lie so Lucy can be alright.

Lucy:R-really mom?

Mom:Y-yeah sweetie...R-remember what i told you?always s-smile and everything will be alright!

Lucy then forcefully smiles to follow her mom's advice.They took 12 minutes to stop crying.Their face got swollen from crying.The room is quiet.Everything is messy,and both of their life has forever changed.