23 The Paper Boats

Start from the beginning

"Does it work?" I asked.

"No. But it does help in a way. Being able to put your worries in a sentence makes you realize that you conquered them already." Even though he's young, he's telling me a grown up thing.

"Is that so? Then I'm in trouble." I smiled and traced the mouth of my cup.

"Why?"

"Because my worries are too much that they probably won't fit in one simple sentence."

"Einstein said if you can't put it in a simple sentence, you don't know anything about it at all. And knowing your problems is always the first step to solving it."

"You're way too smart for a young boy." I said, trying to lighten up the subject.

Just then, I heard cars pulling up in the parking lot and I panicked. I can't see Luhan just yet. I stood up and asked Sehun to help me hide. He was confused at first but helped me climb the top cabinet which was empty. Sehun laughed at the fact that it held my weight so well.

I heard shuffling in the living room and I put a hand over my mouth to avoid any unnecessary noises. Pairs of feet stomped to the kitchen and I think I just swallowed my heart.

"Sehunah! When did you come back?" Chanyeol's deep voice echoed in the kitchen.

"Just this midnight." Sehun answered.

"We'll welcome you properly later but first... did you see a pretty girl arrive here? She's Eula." Did Baekhyun just called me pretty?

"Uh.. nope." Sehun said briefly and everybody (I don't know how many they are in the kitchen) left. A few seconds later, the cabinet door opened and Sehun held his hand towards me.

"The coast is clear." He whispered and I took his hand and jumped off.

I giggled softly at the fact that I just jumped out of a kitchen cabinet. Sehun put his index finger on his lips to quiet me while he shook my hand. I punched him lightly and turned to the door. Lo and behold, the evil deer.

"Eula. I've been looking for you for hours." Luhan's face looked so tired and angry it scared me.

I turned to look at Sehun and thanked him for the tea. I nervously walked past Luhan, bowing lightly when I did so.

"Where did you go?" He said.

"Somewhere." My voice sounded too strange even I didn't recognize it.

"You need to tell me." He whispered softly making me look at him.

Is he... he's supposed to shout at me but he's not.

"Hyung, I think she needs to rest. She arrived at around two and she hasn't gotten any sleep." Sehun spoke and Luhan didn't even look at him.

"Eula, talk to me." Luhan continued and took my arm.

I slightly turned my body to him and fought back the tears welling up in my eyes. Luhan should let go of me now or else I'll just end up locking him in a tight embrace.

"I still have about eighteen hours before my day off ends. Until then, please let me go and leave me alone." I knew how much my words stung but I just can't be around Luhan now.

He let go of me just as his other brothers saw me and called my name. Kai was first to reach me and hugged me so tight, I almost choked. Xiumin ruffled my hair and Kyungsoo smiled at me. Everybody was strangely happy to see me.

"I-I'm sorry I made you all worry." I said in between they're words and actions.

"Sehunie!" Tao screamed and walked over to him, putting him in a brotherly hug.

I looked around to smile at Sehun and Luhan caught it. He merely reacted and walked away. I bit my lip and tried hard to stop myself from following him. I am surrounded by his brothers that I can't see him walking up the stairs.

"I think Noona needs to rest." Sehun's voice is a little louder making everybody look at him.

"He's right. I'll walk you to your room Eula." Kai said taking my hand.

"Uhm, thank you for worrying about me everyone... and sorry I bothered you." I bowed to them and walked away with Kai.

I watched his back as he led me to my room, his hand tightly knitted in mine. This kid... maybe it's easier if I loved him instead. It will be less complicated and I'm assured he won't hurt me... and I won't hurt him.

"So, here you are. Rest well okay. If you need anything, just call me or anyone." He opened my door for me and flashed his cute smile. "Oh, and..." he reached from inside his jacket and took out pink carnation.

"It's flat." I chuckled making him blush a little.

"Yeah. I bought it this morning but I kinda forgot about it when I hugged you." he scratched the back of his head.

"Thank you, Kai. You're really sweet." I took the flower from his hand and kissed him on the cheek.

Kai was surprised at my sudden gesture. I know so because even I was surprised. We both felt awkward and looked anywhere but each other.

"So I'll-" I started.

"Yeah. You should-" he immediately answered.

"Sleep." I nodded and went into the door.

"Yep. Goodnight. I mean good morning and sweet dreams." He said and held the door.

"Bye Kai." I said and closed the door, locked it and leaned on it.

What did I just do?